Cpu cooler not fitting.

liangrome

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hi, I recently bought a shuttle SG41J4 barebones kit to replace my SD37P2 system. When I moved my cpu over, I noticed that the cpu cooler does not fit the same way into the motherboard. In fact, it fit on one side, but the screws don't line up with the motherboard on the other side by about 1 inch.

Now I am looking at the website and they say I can use the "stock Intel cooler" with this. I assume this means just any lga775 cooler I would find on Newegg? I am not really sure about the dimensions and just want to find something to get my system going. :)

windryyder

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hi,

Yes, if your current processor is a lga775 socket type then you would want a cooler that was designed for socket lga775. Motherboards should have holes in them that are standard for coolers for specific socket types. Depending on the cooler, they can fit one socket type or several types with adapter mounts which are usually included with the fan/heatsink. Just be sure when you decide on a cooler that you check to see the socket types it was designed for and you should have no problem with it fitting on your motherboard.