Sign in with
Your question

Phoenix-Award Workstation bios question

Last response: in Storage
September 4, 2011 12:10:58 AM

I have a Phoenix-Award Workstation bios N61PB-M2S.I want to install windows 7 on a USB Seagate 500 drive.In my bios it only list ide and sata drive and removeable boot options.There is a usb boot option.There is a bios upgrade option in bios.Would this help me? I have tried a couple of the threads on how to create a bootable usb drive using cmd but i cant get bios tp recognize.Help please

Thx richard
September 4, 2011 12:13:53 AM

rwilson said:
I have a Phoenix-Award Workstation bios N61PB-M2S.I want to install windows 7 on a USB Seagate 500 drive.In my bios it only list ide and sata drive and removeable boot options.There is a usb boot option.There is a bios upgrade option in bios.Would this help me? I have tried a couple of the threads on how to create a bootable usb drive using cmd but i cant get bios tp recognize.Help please

Thx richard

PS: there isnt a USB boot option...sorry typo
m
l
a c 116 G Storage
September 4, 2011 12:42:34 AM

Can you explain "USB Seagate 500 drive"?
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2011 12:46:49 AM

Its a Seagate GoFlex ultra-portable usb drive 500 gig USB 3.0 + USB 2.0
m
l
September 4, 2011 12:50:32 AM

Here is the cmd process i have tried to use

DISKPART and hit enter.

LIST DISK and hit enter.

Once you enter the LIST DISK command, it will show the disk number of your USB drive. In the below image my USB drive disk no is Disk 1.

4. In this step you need to enter all the below commands one by one and hit enter. As these commands are self explanatory, you can easily guess what these commands do.

SELECT DISK 1 (Replace DISK 1 with your disk number)

CLEAN

CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

SELECT PARTITION 1

ACTIVE

FORMAT FS=NTFS

(Format process may take few seconds)

ASSIGN

EXIT

Everything works fine until i get to the command format FS=NTFS it doesnt format.

D:CD BOOT and hit enter. Where “D” is your DVD drive letter.

CD BOOT and hit enter to see the below message.

BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 H:

(Where “H” is your USB drive letter)
m
l
September 4, 2011 3:12:02 AM

help :) 
m
l
!