materene

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
I have a problem with my ECS 915P-A v1.1, lately it has started giving a sudden blue screen and I have tried all the various fixes but it still persist with no exact timing. One thing that is very curious is the fact that sometimes after the blue screen shut down it will not allow a complete reboot until I remove one stick of two Ram sticks, both are 1 gig. They are both almost new and one very recent since one tested bad with memtest86 and subsequently replaced by the supplier. It of course did not stop my blue screen from reoccurring. Now the info screen is saying this is due to a driver hardware problem according to microsoft. I only have two cards on the board one a SB Live drive platinum, the other my N Vidia 9600 . The graphics card is less than a year old and seems to be okay but then who knows! The LAN card is on the board and the correct driver is installed, and the sound onboard is not used so no driver installed for it. The proper IDE driver is installed.

Now with the RAM removal question I'm thinking a mother board related to the RAM stick sockets or pin traces, any thoughts or something I may have missed before I find another board. Also I checked the hard drive for errors and none were found.

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

materene

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
check it with one Ram stick at a time individually ...do use both of them at once..

also remove graphics card & any other addon card while testing..

you may have chance to find waht giving you this trouble..

materene

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

Can't do this because all my cards are older and most of the software I'm running require at least shader 3.
Thanks

materene

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

Already did these things and no change, the restart most of the time still requires removal of one stick. After the system heats for about 10 to 15 minutes you can shut down and re install the stick and it will run flawlessly all day and night without any problems. I'm still convinced it is in the motherboard ram slots area that the problem exist. I'm going to go ahead and just buy another 775 board with maybe a 4gig ram max and continue to use it for a back up machine. I'm going to build a newer machine with a quad core i7, for under 700 dollars newegg has some really nice bundles.

I might just try one more thing before dumping this board and that is to turn off the onboard LAN and use a pci card, I say this because the first time it happened I was on line and thought maybe the dog had moved my power strip causing the shut down.
No matter what I did I could not get the internet up again until two days later. Since then I re installed the drivers for the LAN but it would be so simple to just use my pci card instead , you never know what it might be with so many drivers that could be corrupted, in this case I was thinking it could be the realtek chip itself bad.

Thanks