Disappearing custom content

I've just seen this at MTS2
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jockerine86*
Well, well, I found out how to have back my custom content from
bodyshop! Yeah, I went on TSR forums and some had solutions. One worked
for me, and it's really easy. You just have to do three things:
1. you move your downloads folder out of the sims 2 folder (maybe put it
on the desktop so its easy to find)
2. you start bodyshop (this will create a new download folder in your
sims 2 folder)
3. you move you custom content out of your old download folder into your
new one.

I know it seems a bit weird, I also read that with changing the name of
your downloads folder, like replacing the 'd' of downloads by 'D' could
work.
Some also moved their customed clothes and genetics into saved sims. But
I think the best solution is still the one that worked for me. Try it!

Hope it works.

----Sandra

Thanks, am going to try it.

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just seen this at MTS2
> Quote:
>
> Originally Posted by *Jockerine86*
> Well, well, I found out how to have back my custom content from
> bodyshop! Yeah, I went on TSR forums and some had solutions. One worked
> for me, and it's really easy. You just have to do three things:
> 1. you move your downloads folder out of the sims 2 folder (maybe put it
> on the desktop so its easy to find)
> 2. you start bodyshop (this will create a new download folder in your
> sims 2 folder)
> 3. you move you custom content out of your old download folder into your
> new one.
>
> I know it seems a bit weird, I also read that with changing the name of
> your downloads folder, like replacing the 'd' of downloads by 'D' could
> work.
> Some also moved their customed clothes and genetics into saved sims. But
> I think the best solution is still the one that worked for me. Try it!
>
> Hope it works.
>
> ----Sandra

I have to say I've had no trouble at all - so I think this must either be a
hack you have that conflicts or a bug and/or incompatibility on some
people's systems.

Best wishes
maxon

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just seen this at MTS2
> Quote:
>
> Originally Posted by *Jockerine86*
> Well, well, I found out how to have back my custom content from
> bodyshop! Yeah, I went on TSR forums and some had solutions. One worked
> for me, and it's really easy. You just have to do three things:
> 1. you move your downloads folder out of the sims 2 folder (maybe put it
> on the desktop so its easy to find)
> 2. you start bodyshop (this will create a new download folder in your
> sims 2 folder)
> 3. you move you custom content out of your old download folder into your
> new one.
>
> I know it seems a bit weird, I also read that with changing the name of
> your downloads folder, like replacing the 'd' of downloads by 'D' could
> work.
> Some also moved their customed clothes and genetics into saved sims. But
> I think the best solution is still the one that worked for me. Try it!
>
> Hope it works.
>
> ----Sandra

It could be either, but I tried disabling my custom content and it didn't
change a thing. I am going to try this "fix" if I can ever get a chance.

Maxon wrote:

>I have to say I've had no trouble at all - so I think this must either be a
>hack you have that conflicts or a bug and/or incompatibility on some
>people's systems.
>
>Best wishes
>maxon

It didn't affect me, my game reads them ok, I read here that someone
was having trouble with the game reading the sub folders in the
downloads folder, I suppose it's worth a try.

---Sandra
..