Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU Heat Sink Fan Asus?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 13, 2010 2:29:59 AM

Hi guys i was looking to upgrade my stock cpu fan on a phenom 965. The problem is that i have a micro asus motherboard, ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...) and i wanted to know if all HSF will fit on to it because its micro. Can you guys also give me any suggestion for a good HSF that will let me overclock my build safely and install properly. Should i try Overclocking with heat sink fan? Any feedback would be appreciated thank you.

More about : cpu heat sink fan asus

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 293 K Overclocking
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 297 V Motherboard
April 13, 2010 4:28:53 AM

Hi.

The best cooler for price/performance is the CoolerMaster 212 plus.

You can install it without problems, all the mobos have the same socket dimensions.

If you want how to install the Hyper 212+ in a mobo socket AM3/AM2+/AM2, you can read this

BE SURE that your case have enough space (wide) for install the Hyper 212+ or the cooler that you want buy.
m
l
April 13, 2010 4:37:05 AM

Thx saint! I am sorry i forgot to add that little information(sarcasm) :ouch:  I have a pretty good COoler master MID tower ATX case. I do like coolermaster HSF and its a nice price. Any other ones that arent too costly and would fit on my tiny board before i pull the trigger and order this. Installing this could be a problem for me may b. I also dont want to put a HSF that will block my ram slots also but i dont think this one will.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 293 K Overclocking
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 297 V Motherboard
April 13, 2010 5:03:38 AM

Well, the others more cheap aren't good IMO. So, with this cooler I can get 4GHz with my X4 955.

And check the 2nd link that I post, is for install the Hyper 212+
April 13, 2010 5:19:44 AM

Best answer selected by darkreborn.
m
l
!