Restart or Shutdown

Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
shutdown!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about restart shutdown

    Dale, take a look here
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Dale Ferguson" <daleferguson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
    > shutdown!!!

    Hi

    For shutdown/restart problems, please have a look at MVP Jim Eshelman's web
    site:

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Dale Ferguson" <daleferguson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    | Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
    | shutdown!!!

    Thx for help, tracked it down to the encryption program I've used for
    months. Maxcrypt, very nifty little program but xp doesn't like it in the
    sys tray at startup. So don't load at start-up and no problem with the
    re-start option. Thx again - Dale

    "Dale Ferguson" <daleferguson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
    > shutdown!!!

Configuration Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP