Restart or Shutdown

August 24, 2004 1:50:50 PM

Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
shutdown!!!

More about : restart shutdown

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 1:24:14 AM

Dale, take a look here
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

"Dale Ferguson" <daleferguson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
> shutdown!!!

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 9:41:41 AM

Hi

For shutdown/restart problems, please have a look at MVP Jim Eshelman's web
site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Dale Ferguson" <daleferguson@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
| Doesn't matter which I click on, 9 out of 10 times the machine will
| shutdown!!!

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 12:27:27 PM

Thx for help, tracked it down to the encryption program I've used for
months. Maxcrypt, very nifty little program but xp doesn't like it in the
sys tray at startup. So don't load at start-up and no problem with the
re-start option. Thx again - Dale

!