Need advice on gaming/HTPC build

G

I'm looking to build a home entertainment & light gaming rig in the next month and could use some advice. It'll be used mostly for downloaded video and blu-ray movies with some light gaming - so leaning towards a quiet (ideally passive GPU) set-up with an entertainment center friendly case.

Here's the deets:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next 4 weeks

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Blu-Ray, Movies (DVD/AVI/DIVX), Gaming, Music, Internet.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel

OVERCLOCKING: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 Samsung Full HD 46in Widescreen TV

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Must be as quiet as possible and have at least 5.1 digital out

BUDGET: <$1000

Well I have 2 HTPC one on a projector one on a 50 inch Plasma 1080P and such. One thing to think on is that the ATI 4xxx and 5xxx have 7.1 built into the video card through HDMI which means you will not have to buy a sound card. I have the 4350 works great and will play blue ray at 1080p no gaming though I have another PC for that. I would say 4850 or 4870 going for $124 Newegg . The 4870 will play games for quite some time at that res.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150441&cm_re=4870-_-14-150-441-_-Product