The Sims on a laptop

Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my other
half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.

I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so I
am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if so,
how does it cope? And what specification is it?

Thanks!

Jo
8 answers Last reply
More about sims laptop

    "Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
    > other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >
    > I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so
    > I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if
    > so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jo

    You have to get gaming for Laptop like alienware...

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:15:08 GMT, "Jo Damen"
    <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:

    >Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my other
    >half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >
    >I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so I
    >am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if so,
    >how does it cope? And what specification is it?

    Hi Jo.

    First off... are we talking Sims 1 or Sims 2? If Sims 2, you would
    need a laptop with a hefty videocard.
    --

    "About family.... don't try it with vampires.
    It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:15:08 GMT, "Jo Damen"
    > <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my other
    >>half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >>
    >>I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so I
    >>am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if so,
    >>how does it cope? And what specification is it?
    >

    > Hi Jo.
    >
    > First off... are we talking Sims 1 or Sims 2? If Sims 2, you would
    > need a laptop with a hefty videocard.
    > --

    I have been playing it on the afore-mentioned Athlon 1.3 gigs, with .5 g
    ram which also supports the video card.
    It is a Compaq Presarion 900 laptop, about 3 years old.

    Would be Sims 2.....

    <azzure@olypen.com> wrote in message news:432ED6D2.7000809@olypen.com...
    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:15:08 GMT, "Jo Damen"
    >> <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
    >>>other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >>>
    >>>I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc,
    >>>so I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and
    >>>if so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
    >>

    >> Hi Jo.
    >>
    >> First off... are we talking Sims 1 or Sims 2? If Sims 2, you would
    >> need a laptop with a hefty videocard.
    >> --
    >

    > I have been playing it on the afore-mentioned Athlon 1.3 gigs, with .5 g
    > ram which also supports the video card.
    > It is a Compaq Presarion 900 laptop, about 3 years old.

    I play on a Dell Inspiron 8600. It runs just fine. I probably could get
    better performance if I'd invested the same amount of money into a gamer's
    paradise desktop machine, but I love the portability of my laptop.

    Sharon

    "Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
    > other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >
    > I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so
    > I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if
    > so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jo

    I am not 100% sure of the type of cards and laptop my mother uses, but she
    watches DVDs on it and plays games like Doom and other fighting games. She
    has a fairly good sized HD and a lot of RAM as far as I know.
    I'll have a look this afternoon (a couple of hours) as my mother is asleep
    now and has the laptop in her room.

    Let me know if you want me to check this out or if someone has already given
    you enough information.
    Beck.

    "Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
    > other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >
    > I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so
    > I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if
    > so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jo

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:02:17 GMT, "Jo Damen"
    <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:

    >Would be Sims 2.....

    Any new laptop would probably run it, but run it well? That would
    require a decent videocard and 512MB of memory.

    How much do you have to spend?
    --

    "About family.... don't try it with vampires.
    It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
    Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

    Would be great if you could check for me, thanks!

    I don't have a lot to spend, that's the problem. I get married next year,
    and unfortunately the Sims has to come second to that!

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >I am not 100% sure of the type of cards and laptop my mother uses, but she
    >watches DVDs on it and plays games like Doom and other fighting games. She
    >has a fairly good sized HD and a lot of RAM as far as I know.
    > I'll have a look this afternoon (a couple of hours) as my mother is asleep
    > now and has the laptop in her room.
    >
    > Let me know if you want me to check this out or if someone has already
    > given you enough information.
    > Beck.
    >
    > "Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
    >> other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
    >>
    >> I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc,
    >> so I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and
    >> if so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Jo

Sims Laptops Video Games