The Sims on a laptop

Last response: in Video Games
a b D Laptop
September 18, 2005 6:15:08 PM

Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my other
half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.

I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so I
am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if so,
how does it cope? And what specification is it?

Thanks!

Jo

More about : sims laptop

September 19, 2005 5:20:34 AM

"Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
> other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
>
> I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so
> I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if
> so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jo

You have to get gaming for Laptop like alienware...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 19, 2005 3:43:40 PM

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:15:08 GMT, "Jo Damen"
<johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:

>Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my other
>half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
>
>I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so I
>am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if so,
>how does it cope? And what specification is it?

Hi Jo.

First off... are we talking Sims 1 or Sims 2? If Sims 2, you would
need a laptop with a hefty videocard.
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:15:08 GMT, "Jo Damen"
> <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my other
>>half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
>>
>>I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so I
>>am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if so,
>>how does it cope? And what specification is it?
>

> Hi Jo.
>
> First off... are we talking Sims 1 or Sims 2? If Sims 2, you would
> need a laptop with a hefty videocard.
> --

I have been playing it on the afore-mentioned Athlon 1.3 gigs, with .5 g
ram which also supports the video card.
It is a Compaq Presarion 900 laptop, about 3 years old.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 19, 2005 10:02:17 PM

Would be Sims 2.....

<azzure@olypen.com> wrote in message news:432ED6D2.7000809@olypen.com...
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:15:08 GMT, "Jo Damen"
>> <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
>>>other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
>>>
>>>I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc,
>>>so I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and
>>>if so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
>>

>> Hi Jo.
>>
>> First off... are we talking Sims 1 or Sims 2? If Sims 2, you would
>> need a laptop with a hefty videocard.
>> --
>

> I have been playing it on the afore-mentioned Athlon 1.3 gigs, with .5 g
> ram which also supports the video card.
> It is a Compaq Presarion 900 laptop, about 3 years old.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 19, 2005 10:17:30 PM

I play on a Dell Inspiron 8600. It runs just fine. I probably could get
better performance if I'd invested the same amount of money into a gamer's
paradise desktop machine, but I love the portability of my laptop.

Sharon

"Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
> other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
>
> I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so
> I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if
> so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jo

September 20, 2005 6:36:28 AM

I am not 100% sure of the type of cards and laptop my mother uses, but she
watches DVDs on it and plays games like Doom and other fighting games. She
has a fairly good sized HD and a lot of RAM as far as I know.
I'll have a look this afternoon (a couple of hours) as my mother is asleep
now and has the laptop in her room.

Let me know if you want me to check this out or if someone has already given
you enough information.
Beck.

"Jo Damen" <johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone play The Sims on a laptop? I spend hours playing, and my
> other half complains that he can't get on the desktop PC.
>
> I have always wanted a laptop, and it would also be handy for work etc, so
> I am considering getting one. Does anyone play Sims on a laptop, and if
> so, how does it cope? And what specification is it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jo

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 20, 2005 7:49:20 AM

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:02:17 GMT, "Jo Damen"
<johanna.damen**NOSPAM**@virgin.net> wrote:

>Would be Sims 2.....

Any new laptop would probably run it, but run it well? That would
require a decent videocard and 512MB of memory.

How much do you have to spend?
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 21, 2005 1:21:07 AM

Would be great if you could check for me, thanks!

I don't have a lot to spend, that's the problem. I get married next year,
and unfortunately the Sims has to come second to that!

!