"My Documents" automatically opens on boot

My Doc auto opens on boot - have reinstalled o/s to no
avail. Can close, but annoying. Help?
7 answers Last reply
More about documents automatically opens boot

    i have been troubleshooting this for many hours. was there
    a error of missing atapi.sys during download and
    installation??

    How do I check this?

    Gail,

    From previous newsgroup post by Doug Knox - MVP:

    <quote>
    Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    Look in the right pane for a value called Userinit. Its value should read:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

    Including the trailing comma. If it reads anything else, double click
    the Userinit value and change it. This assumes that XP is installed on
    C:\Windows. If not, adjust the command line accordingly.

    </quote>

    If that does not help, see what startup applications are running. Get the
    Autoruns utility (as they call "superset of MSConfig") from
    www.sysinternals.com and inspect the startup programs.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "gail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    My Doc auto opens on boot - have reinstalled o/s to no
    avail. Can close, but annoying. Help?

    Ramesh - I've tried everything you suggested, but aftering
    downloading "autoruns" and examining the auto-run
    programs, I cannot identify "My Documents." Any ideas what
    to do next?

    Gail,

    Post the Autoruns log here. (File > Save As)

    --

    Ramesh - I've tried everything you suggested, but aftering
    downloading "autoruns" and examining the auto-run
    programs, I cannot identify "My Documents." Any ideas what
    to do next?

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Without "attachment" option, how do I post the log? Have
    tried copy/paste, but no paste option. Thx for your help.

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Pls see 26. Aug discussion of same problem. Is it safe to
    ignore A/V warning re script?

Configuration Boot My Documents Microsoft Windows XP