Sign in with
Your question

Best "Bang for Your Buck" Build Needed

Last response: in Systems
October 20, 2009 9:36:51 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Christmas Holidays (December 24-31) BUDGET RANGE: $800-1500 CAD (preferrably below $1500 dollars, don't give me thousands of bills right at the maximum, the more value the build has, the better.) Before / After Rebates : N/A

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Heavy Gaming, Surfing the Internet, Watching movies, Photoshop

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: The only part not required is a mouse, I currently have a generic DELL mouse, which will serve my purposes fine.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.ca, ncix.com (Canadian) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would like the best "bang for your buck" parts. This usually means: AMD CPU, ATI video card, etc.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes, eventually

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Preferrably 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 if possible. If you find another monitor with better value that is not this resolution, go ahead.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like this computer to look attractive, although it's not a necessity. All prices are in Canadian dollars. Prices may be cheaper when I buy this due to Boxing Day sales. The computer does not need to be quiet, the guns will be blazing anyways. I am also considering buying a prebuilt computer, as I have no experience building computers at all.

More about : bang buck build needed

October 20, 2009 10:25:38 PM

Six weeks from now there could be alot of price changes. Just look at other build threads for now and get into specifics a couple weeks before buying.
October 21, 2009 4:14:54 PM

Six weeks from now there could be alot of price changes??? Why is that??
Related resources
October 21, 2009 4:37:16 PM

Some E-tailers often have great deals just before/after Christmas. In some case such as the 5xxx series of ATI graphic cards more availability and the initial surge of buying a new release will cause prices to drop a bit. Keep an eye out for great deals. Also check www.canadacomputers.com for good prices and deals in your area.
October 21, 2009 5:09:51 PM

Its the nature of computers. ATI, Nvidia and Intel will all likely be announcing or shipping new products in the next 6 weeks. Any new product will cause price or price/performance changes.
October 21, 2009 6:03:17 PM

Newegg.ca
ncix.com
tigerdirect.ca
ebay.ca
canadacomputers.com
microbytes.com for quebec

October 21, 2009 6:29:06 PM

Start asking when you're 5 days close to your purchase date.
!