Low disk space windows xp error

Status
Not open for further replies.

atkinsge

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
low disk space error in windows xp when I know disk is less than 1/3 full (back up drive show that much free space), I've run virus scan, rebooted, unplugged, to no avail. Help.

Take a look at your Windows Partition.
Windows will throw low memory space errors if you are running out of drive space on the partition Windows is running on, so solution is to find what is using up space and remove it or move it to another partition.

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

You could go to disk management (right-click "My Computer"->"manage"->"storage manage"->"disk management")
Then it will list all the infomration of your partition on the disk map, you could view the free space of every partition. If the system partition nearly to running out space but the data partition contains a large numbers of free space, in windows XP you need some partition software, such as Partition Assistant Home Edtition which is free to resize your partition, this article solve low disk space would give you some help.

However, if the low disk space is not on partition but on hard disk, then you need to upgrade your hard disk (buy a larger hard disk, then clone the old HDD to new HDD).

Status
Not open for further replies.