Your question

Disk boot failure insert system disk, and press enter

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Boot Failure
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
September 4, 2011 2:32:37 PM

I didn't used computer for about 1 month and after i tried to start it i got message disk boot failure insert system disk, and press enter
i tried to restart it and same happened.Then i enterd the BIOS and DIDN'T changed anything just enter and exit and it booted up normally and for the last week i boot my pc this way. My hard drive is making strange noises for about a year now so i think this is probably caused by it finally failing.Also i have other good working hard drive but i rely don't want to reinstall my os. So is there any way to fix this and i want to now can i somehow move MBR to my good hdd because when i start windows up i dont have any problems and what else can cause this problem.
i dont know did i choos the right category if i didnt im sorry

my pc config is
CPU q6600 2.4
GPU gtx 570
mobo Gigabyte EP35-DS3p
HDD 320gb where is os and 1TB storage
Windows 7 ultimate
If you have any questions just ask

More about : disk boot failure insert system disk press enter

a c 155 G Storage
September 4, 2011 2:57:22 PM

You should perform a cloning operation and clone the old failing hard disk on to a new (or used) good disk.

I have done this a few times on my computers using Apricorn's Drivewire. http://www.apricorn.com/products/notebook-hard-drive-up...

The instructions are clear and the device is easy to use.
September 4, 2011 4:42:19 PM

I don't undestand why people are so afraid of reinstalling windows.

I re-install windows at least 3x a year just for the heck of it. Keeps it running clean and smooth.
a c 155 G Storage
September 4, 2011 5:07:27 PM

geekapproved said:
I don't undestand why people are so afraid of reinstalling windows.

I re-install windows at least 3x a year just for the heck of it. Keeps it running clean and smooth.

He says that his hard drive is making strange noises. Might be signs of impending failure. That's why a cloning operation is more appropriate.