Another TWIMTBP LowBlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Wow ok this is really, REALLY gon too far.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,698462/Borderlands-technics-test-Graphics-cards-benchmarks-with-Unreal-Engine-3-Geforces-ahead/Practice/

Most nvidiots will now come and say that ATI should just have a TWIMTBP thing also. But no excuse me this is FAR over "compatibility optimizing".
This is REALLY a F****** lowblow.

Cmon people, In what world can a 8800GT/9800GT beat a HD4850?? But not just beat it, it actually rapes it. 13 FPS difference between these two... and it even beat a HD4870?? Seriously youv gotta be sh*tting me. A GTX260 > HD5870?????? Cmon, obvious trap is obvious.

We arent talking about optimizing a game or whatsoever anymore. The engine is Unreal engine 3 (Version 2, or modified). Cmon.
This only prooves that nvidia has nothing to back them up (Yes nvidiots Im talking about Failmi).
The only ace they have left is to steal games, making them unplayable on ATI cards.
This is by far why I will NEVER buy nvidia.

We arent talking about more powerfull cards anymore.
Nvidia is now becoming a serious b!tch, these are EXTREMLY low blows (These as in -> Batman AA).

Like at least they couldv made the thing less obvious, but cmon a fkin GTX260 owning a HD5870? this only shows that nvidia is REALLY stabbing ATI with lowblows.

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
What is a joke? o.o
Sorry I just forgot the 3 LOL
pure typo.
And yeah I should change the Back stabbing...sorry guys but english aint my native language ya know XD

Techno-boy

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Maybe boycotting these games might help or hacking the games to enable the AA for ATI video cards. :D

NVIDIA thinks that they can stop people from buying Radeon HD 5000 series by doing these anti-competitive practices. Somebody really need to sue NVIDIA for this illegal cowardly anti-competitive practice. It is like illegal corruption; you pay to game developers and tell them not to enable AA option for ATI. :ouch:

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
This is what you called.. BIASED benchmark for the Dummies and alike.

Dummies and alike?.. Yes.. Nvidia can only show how good their video cards to the people who aren't smart enough to notice nVidia's
stupidity when it comes to these matters (im not generalizing though) that nVidia can't do nothing but to suffer and look on
ATI's success on their 5000 series video cards WHICH by the time they release their GT300 cards IMO, they will have a hard time
regaining their huge losses in terms of market shares and profits most of all.
And at the same time sticking to their proprietary technologies like cuda and physx which soon will be obliterated as new games and
applications now widely supports non-proprietary technologies that rivals Nvidia's offerings and finding it more beneficial not just only
for the game and other developers but and to the greater sake of the consumers.

-- Im not saying this to favor ATi or anything but, only time will tell if those GT300 video cards would bring nVidia's glory back but i doubt. IMO,
by the time nVidia releases their very high end video card that rivals ATi's 5870, ATi will release their X2 5000 series video cards that
will beat their GT 300 high end ones and if nVidia would release their dual GPU cards that rivals ATi's dual gpu high end ones, ATi will slam
their price down to the point where nVidia cant compete because of the high costs of manufacturing those GT 300 video cards
and the high cost of developing, revision and improving their proprietary technologies.

Well suppose-eh-bleeh, AA doesn't work for nVidia in this title either, so not exactly the same, but it does look fishy. :heink:

So THIS is nvidia's REAL answer to HD5800? XD

Well... it's cheaper to pay to cripple the game for others than to build a competitive product. :whistle:

sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
How close to the truth is this response from the linked page by the OP regarding some of the coding for TWIMTBP games, crysis is used as an example. Its on the comments sections regarding the article and is posted by a guest so I can't give personal credit to the poster.

"asked AMD to help them with enabling AA on their cards "

Probably bullshit from them, it is more like "give us free high-end ATI hardwares or large sum of money, and we will enable AA for your cards"

Since they AMD did not help them: "Okay fine, we will disable some performance and functions when an ATI is detected, HA!!!"

Just a joke, but I have gone through (or uncovered) some games that have settings that do not give the best performance to ATI hardwares. Crysis, for example, has XML settings that if "corrected", gives more performance to ATI cards. It can be found in the NGOHQ website somewhere.

Anyone heard of this? Ape, you're probably one of the more informed people here is there any truth to that or other games such as Batman ect?

Here's the issue he's talking about which does seem to be underhanded, but what they are doing is making nV's AA their lower-quality Quincux AA instead of the equivalent full MSAA which is a floptimizaion that makes nVidia players think they are getting the same AA level as ATi cards, but they are actually getting less, until they enable the 16Xq or hgiher option;

http://www.ngohq.com/skds-corner/14519-ati-struggle-in-crysis.html

You can achieve similar IQ between cards, but you just need to know what you're really clicking on.

Optimizations are a tricky situation, because of how different the architecture is, the underlying development can be geared towards one method or another, the most well known being for Doom3 where the development was geared toward the nV architecture, even so far as to have and NV30 path that simply replaced the ARB2 path, errr... was folded into the ARB2 path, and thus the performance was greatly different. But if you tweaked how the cards handled Z, you got a huge boost on the ATi cards which were held up by a preferential method. For a same generation counterpoint you would look at HL2 and their choice of int16 & FP24 (instead of FP16 / FP32 which would've had to be run in FP24 on ATi hardware), now this didn't crippled nV cards, but because they handled FP24 as slow as their FP32, and didn't get the speed doubling of the usual FP16, they were noticeably slower, or else had to drop IQ down to int 16, or else internally dumb down precision to FP16 or what they finally did which was mix FP32 and int16. In both cases it was the best choice for their preferred hardware and wasn't meant to hurt the opposition, but that's what it ended up doing, and no amount of renaming would fix that.
However this is more an issue of game/hardware detection, and while most stories are about disabling optimizations or floptimizations (like FartCry.exe), this is a case where the software maker detects a competitor's card and disables features available to the competition, which is hard to defend if it works on the competition's cards. EIDOS claims it's 'untested', but it doesn't seem to hard to test what essentially most gamers have been doing. It also raises questions of whether it is a compliant game if it intentionally disables features for other IHVs while still claiming full DX compliance.

It's different if ATi, nV or S3 do it as they should do things specific to their hardware, but games should be built to standards for all without optimizations and restrictions built into them.

smoggy12345

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
And you KNOW this do you? And youre not jumping to conclusions?

Nvidia OFFER the devs engineers to help OPTIMIZE the games for their cards and drivers...ATI do NOT.

Its like building an engine for a car and expecting it to run perfect right away....which it wont, it needs tweaks & mods etc...then the car would run perfect, without those tweaks it would run like a dog.

This is the same for games....The game engine has had the tweaks and mods to run on certain hardware...which Nvidia have done. ATI didnt...what results would you expect????

rhys216

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Looks to me like Nvidia offer devs lot's of $ to sabotage it's completion also.
AA is one of the most basic of features that would run fine on ati cards also without the needs for any developer 'optimizations'!

You really are a naive Nvidiot!

Who are you talking to and about what? 'Cause you're about to put your foot in it.

Nvidia OFFER the devs engineers to help OPTIMIZE the games for their cards and drivers...ATI do NOT.

Spoken like an ignorant F'in Fanboi. ATi do, their program is much less effective (which is evident by it commonly being thought that there isn't a similar program to TWIMTBP) but they do offer help and hardware for game development. Use Google to edjumakate yourself and get in the game you knob! [:thegreatgrapeape:6]

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I have been playing Borderlands for a considerable amount of hours with DirectX 10 enabled in the .ini file (along with other high quality settings not available in-game) on my HD 4890 and I'll be damned if I can ever see any frame stutter at 1920x1080. Maybe it was because I also disabled the TWIMTBP screen? :D

Techno-boy

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008

Yes but take a look at this specific code from Batman Arkham Asylum for instance:

IF device ID=ATI then
{
AA=disable
}

What does this have to do with optimizing the games for NVIDIA cards and drivers??? :eek:

This evidence clearly proves anti-competitive practice by NVIDIA's TWIMTBP Program. This code is not necessary at all and it is just like Assassin's Creed's controversial patch that removed DirectX 10.1 to give disadvantage to ATI. It is silly to even believe that removing DirectX 10.1 would optimize the game better. Actually, it is the opposite, DX 10.1 is what boost the extra speed for Assassin's Creed game. So why removing DX 10.1 from Assassin's Creed game and why disabling AA option if the user is using ATI video card???? :ouch:

I don't mind if NVIDIA pays the game developers to optimize the games but what they did was different and also as anti-competitive practice. :eek:

Can we now conclude that NVIDIA was doing anti-competitive practice against ATI??? :heink:

Surely the easiest solution would be for ATi to put some money on the table to have their 'Get In The Game' logo splashed across our screens a lot more often then they can have those games optimised for their cards whilst at the same time locking out any opposition.

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009

IMO. Yes, in anyway you look at it, it seems that some game developers favors Nvidia for extra money earning reasons in return of
game performance favors which is not a good thing to do. The only reason i think why nvidia is doing these type of thing
is for the sake of maintaining their profits and market shares by showing how good their video cards when we already know
that they are giving some game developers money to make their product more superior as compared to ATi but actually
the opposite.

AC was claimed to have artifacts in it that they couldn't be arsed fixing so decided to remove it completely, although some people never saw them.

True Dude, nvidia has its own dirty way of manipulating some results and has their own clean get away reasons to back it up.
Clever, but not so clever, coz right now what they got? ATi's success on its 5000 series video cards slammed on nvidia's face big time
and as time goes by nvidia can only do is announce some blah-blah-blah bullshit and publishing superior features of their GT 300 video cards
that no one knows if its true or just a plain bullshit and paying some online tech sites to do some biased benchies on how inferior their
video cards are and even if those features they say is true, those features can also be done and achieve by ATi's non proprietary technologies.

-- Perhaps nVidia doesn't know the saying "Bullshit will get you to the top, but it wont keep you long there"...

randomizer

Champion

Optimisations can only go so far. You can not bring an older generation well ahead of a clearly superior newer one just with a few game tweaks for your own hardware. Would you still be saying this is merely a good optimisation if they threw in a 7900GS and it beat the HD5850?

large-rose-colored-glasses-on-beach.jpg

bboynatural

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Seriously, that smoggy guy killed it.
Didnt even feel like answering this time.

Were not talking about optimization here sir, were talking about sabotage.
Get over it, your company is the most anti competitive one in the wh0le planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.