Nvidia GTX 550 TI Watercooling

G

Hey community,
Why I can't find any water-cooling system for the 550 TI?
I've been on many online shops looking for a water cooling but I have found nothing.
I've read that you do don't need a water cooling system to overclock the 550 TI. Could this be? I think for my video card I would need one as they come on full load at about 68°C.
What do you think?

(Sorry my text has been translated from Google Translater :))

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What are you wanting is likely a LCS cooler, similar to a Corsair unit. They make these, but not really for that card model...as stated, that card is fairly low-end and no real need for this kind of cooler.

68C at load is pretty good for a stock cooler- they are designed to start shutting down over 100C.

Back in the good old days it was very easy to get high quality blocks that were more or less universal and they also catered to just about everyone but not anymore. Instead good cooling solutions are limited to only the very high end and at great cost. You are better off looking around for something used but in good shape with only one concern is the quality of the seals on the block then hunt around for the rest to go with it. Before long you will have found everything needed and may as well do the cpu as well.

There are no worthy rebuilt liquid cooling systems on the market for your or any other similar card that is modern. If dead set on prebuilt then look at thermaltake.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Making me think of all the people who spend $5k on shiny rims, loud stereos and other useless things for their $2k car. Never understood why they didn't just buy a nicer car to begin with. I see these people all over the place, frequently together, bragging about some new shiny hunk of crap they've slapped onto their clunker with a blown head gasket and bald tires. It's like a competition to see who can be the most irresponsible with their money.

LoL those people easily make up what 40-60% of the population in this country which is really sad and tacky all the same time. Then again there is all those look alike homes that offer no sense of style or creativity. Also I somewhat resent how all well most of the auto manufacturers the bubble look to many cars and even some trucks now days.

Well to just do the cpu alone floats around $200 to 300 for diy and to just add cooling for one gpu is another $40-120 for just the block. It was cheaper a few years ago so it was more common back then but now days to just do the same work now can easily run over $500! :ouch:

Watercoolertalk

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Ask a question on how to and get all the reasons NOT TO. Seems like there is 10% telling others no to.

I won't tell you guys with tricked out rides what to drive. Because I could care less. What really erks me is some one asked a question and got SQUAT.

I guess you should have told the truth,. You don't have a clue. Because no parts were suggested.

Reasonable points, but asking a question implies that you have some objective in mind.
I think it is reasonable to explore those objectives and perhaps come up with a better answer to meet them.