joshybo7

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
so i just finished up running prime for approximately 8 hours on blend testing out some new overclocking settings for my i7-2600k and i am wondering if my voltages are too low for where i am at. the settings appear stable however right at the end when i was getting ready to post this thread i got a blue screen which was frustrating as it had been 8 hours so i figured it would be stable where i am. i am figuring it might have crashed because i was surfing with multiple tabs open in firefox and multiple applications running [as you can see] while the blend was still running. however if my voltages seem low or anything reflected in the data here appears off i would appreciate any helpful suggestions regarding maintaining stability.

45.jpg

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Go stress test it again, this time for 24h to make sure it's stable. If it's not stable you will know. As crashing at end of 8h it may have been almost stable, so mind as well up the time you test it since you sound unsure. And try not to use it since you think firefox might have been the cause.

It's not that difficult to do, start it before you go to sleep and continue to run it while your at work/school/etc and before you know it, its been almost 24h.

But if you think it was the voltage and stability, just up the voltage slightly and than do this again, not a big deal and may or may not save you time.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

The temp is a little bit high at 4.5 GHZ 1.30 v Vcore. What CPU cooler and Chassis(PC case) you are using?

D

Deleted member 217926

My 2600K needs 1.32v for a stable 4.5Ghz with Hyperthreading on. Temps look fine for the end of an 8 hour Prime run.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

It crashed because of the high temp on the CPU cores. Try configuring the fans attached to the radiator by adding another fan on it and make the direction of the air from outside going inside the PC case in a push and pull configuration.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

You might want to take off the heatsink and wipe off the old thermal solution, clean it with alcohol(cpu, and heatsink) and apply a new thermal solution.

D

Deleted member 217926

What are you talking about? His temps are in the mid to high 60s after 8 hours of Prime 95 with a H60. Nothing is crashing because of that. The 2600K does not even start thermal throttling until you reach 95C. Now that is dangerous I give you that but as long as the temps are below 72.9C you are completely safe long term. Don't make up nonsense.

The CPU probably needs a slight voltage boost.

joshybo7

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

i increased the negative offset voltage from 0.015 to 0.010, i use the offset where i keep my stepping on so it makes no sense to have a huge voltage hitting it constantly, however that increase keeps it right at 1.31v-1.33v which seems to be stable now, i have ran prime with no problems and played a few hours of battlefield 3 and no crashes. thank you for the suggestion. as for the fans suggestion i already have 2 silverstone 120mm in push/pull on the radiator, however mine is set to go out of the case, i may try setting it up to pull in from the outside, i know that is how corsair recommends it, however the temps were never really a concern, i do understand the logic of cooling with air from the outside however. as for the thermal paste i already cleaned it off prior to the picture above with arctic cleaning and put on shin etsu using the pea-size method.

D

Deleted member 217926

And you were still completely wrong as to why his system crashed and in telling him his temps had anything at all to do with it. The whole point of this forum is to give correct advice. I say it again. If you don't know what you are talking about don't post.

And if you read his post:

" as for the thermal paste i already cleaned it off prior to the picture above with arctic cleaning and put on shin etsu using the pea-size method. "

So no he did not take your advice.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Peace mate! Your temperature are getting high I can feel it....Chow

TRENDING THREADS