razr v3 unlocking

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
March 5, 2005 9:24:59 PM

anyone know how to unlock a motorola razr v3 by cingular? if so, i'd
appreciate the info!!

More about : razr unlocking

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 1:16:11 AM

In article <%PmWd.2398$J14.2381@fe1.columbus.rr.com>,
"jim" <jlc@cinci.rr.com_nospam> wrote:

> anyone know how to unlock a motorola razr v3 by cingular? if so, i'd
> appreciate the info!!

You want info?

Google "unlock razr v3"
March 11, 2005 8:25:01 PM

== Quote from jim (jlc@cinci.rr.com_nospam)'s article
> I'm not sure how the activity would be questionable. If I
> purchased a phone from the store at full price and they won't
> unlock it, why can't I have it unlocked elsewhere? It would be
> my phone.

What exactly does unlocking get you?
--
POSTED BY: PHP News Reader v2.6.1
http://fioch.dyndns.org/pnews

>>I'm not sure how the activity would be questionable. If I
>>purchased a phone from the store at full price and they won't
>>unlock it, why can't I have it unlocked elsewhere? It would be
>>my phone.
>

> What exactly does unlocking get you?

Unlocking a phone allows you to use that phone with any carrier that is
technologically compatible. For example, unlocking a quad band GSM
phone will allow you to use that phone with any GSM carrier in existence.
March 11, 2005 10:09:34 PM

== Quote from Tropical Haven (user@example.net)'s article
> Unlocking a phone allows you to use that phone with any
> carrier that is technologically compatible. For example,
> unlocking a quad band GSM phone will allow you to use that
> phone with any GSM carrier in existence.

So this would be of use if you were switching cell phone
providers, or could you also illegally gain access to their
network without subscribing?
--
POSTED BY: PHP News Reader v2.6.1
http://fioch.dyndns.org/pnews
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 10:16:22 PM

>>Unlocking a phone allows you to use that phone with any
>>carrier that is technologically compatible. For example,
>>unlocking a quad band GSM phone will allow you to use that
>>phone with any GSM carrier in existence.
>
> So this would be of use if you were switching cell phone
> providers, or could you also illegally gain access to their
> network without subscribing?

It would be only of use when changing providers (many people use prepaid
SIMs when they travel to other countries).

TH
March 11, 2005 10:34:06 PM

== Quote from Tropical Haven (user@example.net)'s article
> It would be only of use when changing providers (many people
> use prepaid SIMs when they travel to other countries).

Interesting! The V3 is my first SIM phone as I recently switched
from Sprint, so I am learning. Thanks for explaining.
--
POSTED BY: PHP News Reader v2.6.1
http://fioch.dyndns.org/pnews
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:27:43 PM

>>It would be only of use when changing providers (many people
>>use prepaid SIMs when they travel to other countries).
>
> Interesting! The V3 is my first SIM phone as I recently switched
> from Sprint, so I am learning. Thanks for explaining.

The beauty of GSM is that the number follows the SIM (or smart card).
So, if you have 10 GSM phones and want to switch every 15 minutes, it's
just the swap of a smart card. With CDMA, everything follows the
electronic serial number (ESN) of the mobile.

TH
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 4:39:49 PM

Hi,

My sprint plan recently expired and I wanted to get the V3. How does
it work for you? I mean, do you like cingular as much or more than
sprint? Is the new phone worth the extra money? Just curious.

thanks a lot,
Clements

Tropical Haven wrote:
> >>It would be only of use when changing providers (many people
> >>use prepaid SIMs when they travel to other countries).
> >
> > Interesting! The V3 is my first SIM phone as I recently switched
> > from Sprint, so I am learning. Thanks for explaining.
>
> The beauty of GSM is that the number follows the SIM (or smart card).
> So, if you have 10 GSM phones and want to switch every 15 minutes,
it's
> just the swap of a smart card. With CDMA, everything follows the
> electronic serial number (ESN) of the mobile.
>
> TH
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:47:14 AM

In article <1112128789.862890.119280@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
clementsjohnson@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My sprint plan recently expired and I wanted to get the V3. How does
> it work for you? I mean, do you like cingular as much or more than
> sprint? Is the new phone worth the extra money? Just curious.
>
> thanks a lot,
> Clements

I changed from Sprint to Cingular.

I have many reasons to still prefer Cingular. Here are 14. YMMV

A) I got my Cingular plan before the current price increases.

B) I have Rollover (currently over 2000 minutes banked),
so I don't need to pay for 7 PM nights to try and decrease usage.

C) I have Quality phones (a v600 and a T637) that don't overheat in use
and pre-maturally die long before contract is up like plastic
CDMA Sanyo phones do. After 9 months my Cingular phones
look and act like new. Sanyo phones were failing after 3 months,
but would pass sprintPCS "tests"
C2) My Cingular phones have ample memory for ring tones and pictures.
C3) Comes time to upgrade my phone, I just move my SIM card,
no activation grief, no problems with transferring phone book.
C4) Having phones which are sold in the millions worldwide makes it
much easier to get accessories, and not be subjected to
outrageous accessory prices charged by Carriers.

D) With 850 MHz GSM I have better indoor reception than 1900 MHz CDMA.

E) With GSM I have better coverage in SE Texas.

F) With GSM I have better voice quality than CDMA.

G) I don't have L O N G hold times for Customer service, and I don't
get hung up on or lied to by reps with Handle Time
maximums to worry about.

H) With Cingular I have relatives that are also on Cingular for
free Mobile to Mobile, and free Mobile to Mobile is not an
extra cost or sometime add-on.

I) I kept my Mobile number when I ported to Cingular, and Cingular
credited me for the 3 days it took SprintPCS to release the numbers.

J) Should I go out of the country, I can still use my phone.

K) Dropped calls are flat not an issue anymore.
!