Increasing speed of my GTS 250

static1991

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
ok this might be a bit pathetic but i have no idea what thse settings might do ;\. so im asking for a little guidance lol

on my gts 250 it is supplied with vtune software which i am using to change these settings.

core clock speed is default 700mhz but can go upto 920 mhz

memory clock speed is default 900mhz but can go upto 1200 mhz

shader clock speed is default 1500 mhz but can go upto 1990 mhz

also there is a box to link the clocks should this be ticked?

my question is what is the best settings to have my clocks running at? should the speeds be maxed or kept as default? and should they be linked or unlinked?

thanks for any help u can give i just want the best from my card :D

ridic23

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
If u want to OC ur card with some flexibility.....use Riva tuner....Be advised OCing will lead 2 a possibility for card damage....Linking clock will be the best bet since all clock r clocked according 2 the changed settings....U can OC ur card but u have 2 have the cooling system 2 match it....Stock coolers do little good when over clocked....when u want 2 use high OC settings go for a 3rd party cooler....if u want 2 OC with the stock cooler dont use the dynamic fan speed setting....Fix it at 100%....

ridic23

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I dont have an exact idea about the speed....U can change the settings on a trial and error basis....For OCing with the stock cooler u cant have 2 high values....In fact u will not see any noticeable difference....If u r a dare devil then slide em 2 max and watch the mystery unfold....For me, its best to leave it untouched....