Phenom II X4 965 Help a Oc Noob not blow up pc

watmore

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
I AM A NOOB AT OC!

Now we have that out of the way i am wanting to OC my 965 be.
Before someone says well find a forum or follow a video on youtube
to that i say No thank you. I do not want to miss interpret a step and
Damage my CPU and not know about it till its to late.

I know i need a few programs i have prime95 not that i know what to
do with it.

I know i need to work in the bios but what steps to take i know not.

So if someone could please walk me through that would be great.

Thank you.

* Windows 7 x64
*Antec Nine Hundred
*Antec KÜHLER H20 920
*Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 512MB Zalman Cooler (GV-NX96T512H)
*Asus m4n82 duluxe
*AMD Phenom II X4 965 be 3.40Ghz
*WD 1T WD10eavs-00d7b1
*6g ddr2 Kingston 2g-udimm 3x2g
*Super Flower SF-800K14HE 800w
*Asus VS247 1080p HD LED 23.6"

Solution
There is a very good guide at the top of this section, thats as good a walk-through as you will get I'm afraid,
a lot here would say if you haven't researched/learned enough to give you confidence, don't do it
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/258573-11-black-edition-overclock-guide-raising-multiplier

Overclocking is like space travel, you make damn sure you learn everything you need to before you get going! :p
having said that, you have a Black edition chip so clocking is as simple as upping your multiplier in bios,
you should have a temperature monitoring program like hwmonitor, it can help you keep an eye on voltages too, and Cpu-z can tell you your corespeeds amongst other useful info,
Moto
There is a very good guide at the top of this section, thats as good a walk-through as you will get I'm afraid,
a lot here would say if you haven't researched/learned enough to give you confidence, don't do it
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/258573-11-black-edition-overclock-guide-raising-multiplier

Overclocking is like space travel, you make damn sure you learn everything you need to before you get going! :p
having said that, you have a Black edition chip so clocking is as simple as upping your multiplier in bios,
you should have a temperature monitoring program like hwmonitor, it can help you keep an eye on voltages too, and Cpu-z can tell you your corespeeds amongst other useful info,
Moto

Solution

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
As Motopsychojdn says you need to research this stuff, I doubt you find anyone who walk you through step by step. We get that a lot on these forums with people asking for that. The biggest issue is there are several small differences between machines so we can't tell you exactly what to do. Not to mention if something goes wrong you more than likely know how to fix it if you did your research, where as if you didn't you be stumped and don't know what to do.

But if you truely don't want deal with this hassle, there is always those motherboards that will OC the CPU for you. I don't reccomend them as some are trigger happy with the Vcore and will help fry your CPU a lot quicker than I would like. Now is there any for the 965BE I don't know you have to research that too.