Sign in with
Your question

Onboard Network Adapter crashed

Last response: in Networking
November 8, 2009 4:07:59 PM

Hi, im from slovakia (sorry for my not good english)

i did system clean (defragmentation, registry defrag., registry clean...etc. and CHKDISK )

everything works fine, till i was prompted to reboot, because chkdisk must work at computer start

I have rebooted, and chkdsk started to work.... it was 2 hours of waiting, then it finished. computer restarted, and i logged in. i started Opera, but it cannot load ay page, because "im not connected to internet" i lookd on taskbar - and icon, showing my local network connection shows - two PC and red "X" between them..... - i tryed to diagose and repair, but that says - plug network cable - network cable is not pluged in.But my cable was plugged. i looked in the rear panel , and i was surprised! - the light, showing ethernet port work was off. it was not lighting. i have tryed another OS - (im running on 64bit Vista Utimate) i have tryed XP, but that was the same.... I have uninstalled NIC driver, rebooted and tryed to install it again.... but that shows error : Network adapter not found! .... i dont now what to do.. please help me, because i get this same problem with my older mainboard (my pc was in service, they changed that crashed motherboard and gave me new one) my new motherboard is only 2months old and out of guarantee... i dont want to buy new... its horrible... :cry: 

my motherboard is MSI G41M

thanks

November 8, 2009 4:29:09 PM

Did you uninstall the NIC driver or the NIC itself? If just the driver, I would remove the NIC from the device manager and reboot.
!