CPU overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

philojyw

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
So I've been having CPU overheating problems. At Idle it runs Around 45-50 degrees Celsius and since the fans work fine, I'm pretty sure it's the water cooling system. The thing is though, I don't know how to be sure it isn't working, and if it isn't, I don't know how to find exactly what the problem is or how to fix it. Anybody know exactly could be wrong or how to fix it.

Solution
@ philo - you won't find a name for it apart from calling it an ALL-IN-ONE Liquid Cooling System.

the pump must be broken - no other way to assume anything when the pump is inside such a small housing.

your best option is to call up support and inform them of your prob. If you were one of us who'd pry open the unit - than you risk voiding your warranty mate :/ so thas the hard fact...

philojyw

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
The watercooling gear is:Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011]

And the system specs are:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz:
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 (CPUSocket):
Graphics
SMB2430H (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA): 34 °C
Hard Drives
977GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA):
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 B
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

philojyw

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
That's the thing, the company I bought it from (Ibuypower) has it made specifically for there company. You can't get in anywhere accept from them. That what it's called. (I even called customer support about it) It's a pretty cheap water cooling system. If it could help, I can take a picture of it and put a link to the picture here, but I have tried quite a bit and I can't find an ACTUAL name for it.

Lutfij

Titan
@ philo - you won't find a name for it apart from calling it an ALL-IN-ONE Liquid Cooling System.

the pump must be broken - no other way to assume anything when the pump is inside such a small housing.

your best option is to call up support and inform them of your prob. If you were one of us who'd pry open the unit - than you risk voiding your warranty mate :/ so thas the hard fact...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.