How to turn OFF (disable) AA?

Keem

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Hi all, i bought a ati radeon 5850, i installed CCC and my eyes "burn" and have headaches i want to know how to turn off AA, i checked "Application managed" but still my eyes hurt (on my old video card if i turned ON the AA my eyes were starting to hurt,so for sure the AA it's making problems to me). I saw tthat there are 3xAA modes : super-sample AA, multi sample AA and adaptive; what should i choose?

Keem

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Oh and if it says application managed you will need to disable AA in game.
Lol, what should i do, go to the doctor and say "hey man i give me some glasses because AA it's making my eyes hurt?"

In real life i dont have any problem with the eyes.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Your eyes hurt with Anti-Aliasing?

Well you can turn this off by letting the CCC use "Application controlled" for AA, then select application turn it off via options of that application...

I honestly don't know how it hurts your eye sight.. If anything it is soft on my eyes since everything is smooth, non-jaggy.

I think your problem may be the brightness, turn it down some see if that helps.

As for the modes, let me test them out.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
If your eyes are burning you have a problem with your eyes, because for 99% of other people this doesn't happen.

Remember, the first step is denial! But seriously, I don't think you can completely disable it in CCC; it only has the option to force it. You have to turn it off in-game when it is set to "Use application settings."

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Well obviously there are problems with your eyes if they hurt staring at an LCD with AA enabled. Try some sunglasses, the kind you get ANYWHERE not a optometrist unless you have prescription glasses already in which case get some of the clip on shades or something which you can still get at any glass stores for like $5-$15..

Like Strange said, I am not sure how it is hurting your eyes...

Anyways try this:
1. Change viewing angels while AA is on. This means look at the LCD from different positions.
2. Position your LCD farther, or closer.
3. Lower brightness.
4. See an optometrist to make sure nothing is wrong with your eyes if all else fails.
5. In real life your still looking at an LCD, last time I checked you use the same eyes for 'real life' as for 'computers.'