XP Pro System32 folder opens upon boot...

Every time my machine is booted, the system32 folder opens (not currently
set to show its contents)...
It just displays and I can't figure out why.
Any ideas? I looked at the startup programs via msconfig, and still have no
idea.
TIA
Tom

Try the fix on this KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&Product=winxp

"Thomas Bunetta" <advanced@ewol.com> wrote in message
> Every time my machine is booted, the system32 folder opens (not currently
> set to show its contents)...
> It just displays and I can't figure out why.
> Any ideas? I looked at the startup programs via msconfig, and still have
> no
> idea.
> TIA
> Tom

Thanks for your reply and the link!
I went to it and reviewed all the registry entries, w/out satisfaction (none
of the suggested values existed).
Any additional ideas greatfullt accepted!
Thanks again
Tom
"Service Pack" <sp2@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
> Try the fix on this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&Product=winxp
<snipped4BW>>

Hi

Try the following file from Kelly's web site:

Line 260 - right hand side

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

| Thanks for your reply and the link!
| I went to it and reviewed all the registry entries, w/out satisfaction
(none
| of the suggested values existed).
| Any additional ideas greatfullt accepted!
| Thanks again
| Tom
| "Service Pack" <sp2@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
| > Try the fix on this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&Product=winxp
| <snipped4BW>>

That did it!
Thanks for the link... I gotta confess that running a vbs file makes me a
little nervous, but in this case I'm glad I did.
Thanks again,
Tom
> Hi
>
> Try the following file from Kelly's web site:
>
> Line 260 - right hand side

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
<snipped4BW>

Hi

There is a possibility that your AV/Firewall programs may have objected to a
..vbs file. Glad your problem is sorted.