XP Pro System32 folder opens upon boot...

Every time my machine is booted, the system32 folder opens (not currently
set to show its contents)...
It just displays and I can't figure out why.
Any ideas? I looked at the startup programs via msconfig, and still have no
idea.
TIA
Tom
5 answers Last reply
More about system32 folder opens boot

    Try the fix on this KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&Product=winxp

    "Thomas Bunetta" <advanced@ewol.com> wrote in message
    > Every time my machine is booted, the system32 folder opens (not currently
    > set to show its contents)...
    > It just displays and I can't figure out why.
    > Any ideas? I looked at the startup programs via msconfig, and still have
    > no
    > idea.
    > TIA
    > Tom

    Thanks for your reply and the link!
    I went to it and reviewed all the registry entries, w/out satisfaction (none
    of the suggested values existed).
    Any additional ideas greatfullt accepted!
    Thanks again
    Tom
    "Service Pack" <sp2@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
    > Try the fix on this KB:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&Product=winxp
    <snipped4BW>>

    Hi

    Try the following file from Kelly's web site:

    Line 260 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    | Thanks for your reply and the link!
    | I went to it and reviewed all the registry entries, w/out satisfaction
    (none
    | of the suggested values existed).
    | Any additional ideas greatfullt accepted!
    | Thanks again
    | Tom
    | "Service Pack" <sp2@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
    | > Try the fix on this KB:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&Product=winxp
    | <snipped4BW>>

    That did it!
    Thanks for the link... I gotta confess that running a vbs file makes me a
    little nervous, but in this case I'm glad I did.
    Thanks again,
    Tom
    > Hi
    >
    > Try the following file from Kelly's web site:
    >
    > Line 260 - right hand side

    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    <snipped4BW>

    Hi

    There is a possibility that your AV/Firewall programs may have objected to a
    ..vbs file. Glad your problem is sorted.

    --

    | That did it!
    | Thanks for the link... I gotta confess that running a vbs file makes me a
    | little nervous, but in this case I'm glad I did.
    | Thanks again,
    | Tom
    | "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    | > Hi
    | >
    | > Try the following file from Kelly's web site:
    | >
    | > Line 260 - right hand side
    | > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    | >
    | > --
    | >
    | > Will Denny