OC on a Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen3 ?

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hi guys just upgraded my cpu to the i-5 2500k along with the 212 cooler master plus and wanted to do a simple overclock to a stable 4.5 mhz withought screwing anything up on my mobo or cpu does anyone here have the same setup that could offer there expertise on doing this the right way :)

Specs are as follows

i-5 2500k 3.3 mhz stock settings

AsRock mobo p67 extreme 4 gen 3 bios version 1.10

kingston memory 8gb 1333

coolermaster Gx series 650w psu 80 plus bronze certified

radeon 6870 XFX

212 cooler master plus

cbrunnem

Distinguished
up the multiplier and leave the voltage on auto. when the computer fails to boot start increasing the vcore voltage. i recommend reading some guides as it looks like you havent read any. you might be limited to a lower overclock unless your ok with higher temperatures. try to get them under 70*c if you want to be safe for years.

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Thx for the help :) Just tried after following a guide for a 4.5 oc with my mobo and it booted fine at 4.5 mhz and my temps never got any higher than 59 deg ran a stress test with prim 95 until it finished and passed the first time but got the bsod on the second attempt.

I noticed I never played with the v core settings even though it was on offset mode when I did the oc so it was running on stock voltage which for me shows 1.208 could this have been the reason why it wasn't stable ?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

that seems pretty low. if its bsod's increase the offset. what is the offset currently set at.