Closed

Sapphire Radeon HD4650 AGP very slow (3 fps!)

I just bought this Sapphire card. So far I am really disappointed. I have a P4 3.00 GHZ system with 2Gb ddr ram and a 570W power supply. I tried dx10 futuremark benchmarks.. I get 3 fps at 1280x800! I then tried 3dmark06 and I get 7 fps atthe same resolution. What is this a joke? I read here and there that this card is able to run at 40/60 fps. Is my card defective? How can I diag it?
11 answers Last reply
More about sapphire radeon hd4650 slow
  1. Did you install the appropriate drivers? The drivers off that ATI site will NOT work, you must get the AGP drivers from Sapphire because the 4650 was originally designed as a PCI-E card but OEMs modified it and its drivers to support AGP slots so there are special drivers for it.
  2. Your Pentium 4 cpu is bottlenecking the card tremendously and so is the DDR memory.
    It being AGP doesn't help the situation either.

The solution: Get a new computer!
  3. edeawillrule said:
    Your Pentium 4 cpu is bottlenecking the card tremendously and so is the DDR memory.
    It being AGP doesn't help the situation either.

The solution: Get a new computer!

This.
  4. So this card is a joke. I had a Radeon x1650 and there is no difference at all. What's the aim to produce such a piece of garbage if the cpus can't handle it?
  5. So people like you buy it without doing research before buying it...

Sorry, but that's a pretty useless upgrade you've done there, just ask the community next time before buying stuff for your 'quite old' pc.
  6. Chriz74 said:
    So this card is a joke. I had a Radeon x1650 and there is no difference at all. What's the aim to produce such a piece of garbage if the cpus can't handle it?

i have the same card as you.. but my x1650 perform 01-05 games.. gta san andreas at 40- 60 fps 1xxx reso. something wrong with your board.
  7. I don't have the x1650 anymore. I thought this hd4650 was better.
  8. Is the agp speed set to 8x? Is the agp texturing enabled? That is slow even for a agp card. Used to have a 7800gs and a 9800pro aiw.
  9. Your card is ok and should be able to run new games ok on mid settings...

Sounds like a driver problem to me, also go into your BIOS and check your AGP BUS speed....and set it to '8x' if possible, although '4x' should be sufficient for your card.

Yeh your CPU is old but still ok to run most games!!! (Overclock if you can to help it also.)

As above some1 mentioned....make sure you have correct drivers and MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE EVERY SETTING MAXED -it will hurt the performance ALOT - that means 0xAA and maybe 4xAF at the most and set all detail textures to Medium when playing newish games.....also disable 'v-sync' wherever possible.

You dont NEED a new PC...should be ok for another year.
  10. Drivers are the hotfixed catalyst 9.10. AGP is set to 8, I don't have access to any feature in the bios as this MB is an OEM ASUS for Sony Vaio, model P4SD-VX.
  11. Anyway DXDIAG tells AGP textruing is active
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS Sapphire Radeon Graphics