TOSHIBA A40 w/celeron 2.x : Is it COMPAL or TOSHI original?

well...the toshiba satellite a40 with the celeron chip, is it compal or
toshiba? I havent got time to ask the dealer..so it would be easier asking
here.. as I'm stuck in another town, for a few days..
7 answers Last reply
More about toshiba celeron compal toshi original

    We bought one of these for my college-bound son, and I don't know for
    sure if it's Compal or Toshiba, but my guess is Toshiba. I say this
    primarily because it uses a 15 volt supply, however, it's not a
    "standard" Toshiba 15-volt supply, they have gone to a proprietary
    connector with at least 4 wires (not the standard "coaxial" connector,
    unfortunately).

    We are satisfied with the machine, which we got for $599 over memorial
    day weekend (both Circuit City and Best Buy had them for $599 after
    several rebates, in fact it was possible to get one at Best Buy for $559
    if you used a "Reward Zone" card).

    I posted some notes on the machine about a week ago that you might find
    worth reading.

    tuned by RÄZO wrote:
    > well...the toshiba satellite a40 with the celeron chip, is it compal
    > or toshiba? I havent got time to ask the dealer..so it would be
    > easier asking here.. as I'm stuck in another town, for a few days..

    You can Google: toshiba laptop manufacturing, and satisfy yourself that
    the number of Toshiba-manufactured laptops is approaching zero.
    Toshiba's failing laptop business and their financing partners have
    forced them into outsourcing almost everything they manufacture much
    like Hpaq, with IBM in the same pack. Laptops are commodities, there is
    almost nothing of consequence in any laptop that is proprietary to
    Toshiba, Hpaq, IBM, Dell, ...

    You mean the one re. A40/45 owners vs toshiba lawsuit?

    | We bought one of these for my college-bound son, and I don't know for
    | sure if it's Compal or Toshiba, but my guess is Toshiba. I say this
    | primarily because it uses a 15 volt supply, however, it's not a
    | "standard" Toshiba 15-volt supply, they have gone to a proprietary
    | connector with at least 4 wires (not the standard "coaxial" connector,
    | unfortunately).
    |
    | We are satisfied with the machine, which we got for $599 over memorial
    | day weekend (both Circuit City and Best Buy had them for $599 after
    | several rebates, in fact it was possible to get one at Best Buy for $559
    | if you used a "Reward Zone" card).
    |
    | I posted some notes on the machine about a week ago that you might find
    | worth reading.
    |

    | tuned by RÄZO wrote:
    |
    | > well...the toshiba satellite a40 with the celeron chip, is it compal or
    | > toshiba? I havent got time to ask the dealer..so it would be easier
    asking
    | > here.. as I'm stuck in another town, for a few days..

    I am not aware of the lawsuit. Please feel free to "bring me up to speed".

    tuned by RÄZO wrote:

    > You mean the one re. A40/45 owners vs toshiba lawsuit?
    >
    > "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    > | We bought one of these for my college-bound son, and I don't know for
    > | sure if it's Compal or Toshiba, but my guess is Toshiba. I say this
    > | primarily because it uses a 15 volt supply, however, it's not a
    > | "standard" Toshiba 15-volt supply, they have gone to a proprietary
    > | connector with at least 4 wires (not the standard "coaxial" connector,
    > | unfortunately).
    > |
    > | We are satisfied with the machine, which we got for $599 over memorial
    > | day weekend (both Circuit City and Best Buy had them for $599 after
    > | several rebates, in fact it was possible to get one at Best Buy for $559
    > | if you used a "Reward Zone" card).
    > |
    > | I posted some notes on the machine about a week ago that you might find
    > | worth reading.
    > |

    > | tuned by RÄZO wrote:
    > |
    > | > well...the toshiba satellite a40 with the celeron chip, is it compal or
    > | > toshiba? I havent got time to ask the dealer..so it would be easier
    > asking
    > | > here.. as I'm stuck in another town, for a few days..

    Quoted from:

    Calling Toshiba A40 / A45 series laptop owners

    04 June 2004 22:18
    If you own a Toshiba satellite laptop with models A40 or A45, please
    send me an email with your model number and approximately when and
    from where you purchased it. I am hot on the trail of a lawsuit with
    Toshiba and you will hopefully have a monetary gain too. In lieu of
    this information, you may send me a nominal gratuity for my time spent
    in research and collecting information.

    Please note that : I am selling information, I am not representing you
    in pressing your claims.

    Thanks

    | I am not aware of the lawsuit. Please feel free to "bring me up to
    speed".

    | tuned by RÄZO wrote:
    |
    | > You mean the one re. A40/45 owners vs toshiba lawsuit?
    | >
    | > "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    | > | We bought one of these for my college-bound son, and I don't know for
    | > | sure if it's Compal or Toshiba, but my guess is Toshiba. I say this
    | > | primarily because it uses a 15 volt supply, however, it's not a
    | > | "standard" Toshiba 15-volt supply, they have gone to a proprietary
    | > | connector with at least 4 wires (not the standard "coaxial" connector,
    | > | unfortunately).
    | > |
    | > | We are satisfied with the machine, which we got for $599 over memorial
    | > | day weekend (both Circuit City and Best Buy had them for $599 after
    | > | several rebates, in fact it was possible to get one at Best Buy for
    $559
    | > | if you used a "Reward Zone" card).
    | > |
    | > | I posted some notes on the machine about a week ago that you might
    find
    | > | worth reading.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |

    "tuned by RÄZO" <NOSPAMmillajovovich@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > Quoted from:
    >
    > Calling Toshiba A40 / A45 series laptop owners
    >
    > 04 June 2004 22:18
    > If you own a Toshiba satellite laptop with models A40 or A45, please
    > send me an email with your model number and approximately when and
    > from where you purchased it. I am hot on the trail of a lawsuit with
    > Toshiba and you will hopefully have a monetary gain too. In lieu of
    > this information, you may send me a nominal gratuity for my time spent
    > in research and collecting information.
    >
    > Please note that : I am selling information, I am not representing you
    > in pressing your claims.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    > | I am not aware of the lawsuit. Please feel free to "bring me up to
    > speed".
    > |

    > | tuned by RÄZO wrote:
    > |
    > | > You mean the one re. A40/45 owners vs toshiba lawsuit?
    > | >
    > | > "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > $559
    > | > |
    > find
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > or
    > | > asking
    > | > | >

    > | > |

    Hmmm, did u (amn) type anything? Or did I miss something?

    amn wrote:
    >> "tuned by RÄZO" <NOSPAMmillajovovich@softhome.net> wrote in message
    >>> Quoted from:
    >>>
    >>> Calling Toshiba A40 / A45 series laptop owners
    >>>
    >>> 04 June 2004 22:18
    >>> If you own a Toshiba satellite laptop with models A40 or A45, please
    >>> send me an email with your model number and approximately when and
    >>> from where you purchased it. I am hot on the trail of a lawsuit with
    >>> Toshiba and you will hopefully have a monetary gain too. In lieu of
    >>> this information, you may send me a nominal gratuity for my time
    >>> spent in research and collecting information.
    >>>
    >>> Please note that : I am selling information, I am not representing
    >>> you in pressing your claims.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

Laptops Celeron Toshiba