uneven lines in light colors on lcd screen

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 8, 2004 4:22:55 PM

Dear all-

While I've found many symptoms for failing screens via the use groups,
I can't seem to find mention of an issue like the one I'm having:

My brand new (<2 mths old) IBM T41 laptop is having some newfound
display issues. The color quality is fine overall, but recently I've
seen that the display of what should be a solid light color is in fact
made of a few different shades in random stripings of lines.
Sometimes, these lines move like TV static if something moves through
their approximate path, and the mouse pointer often has a 'halo' in a
square pattern about it.

I believe I noted this first after I downloaded and installed
OpenOffice for what it's worth, and when using OO and the Macromedia
Studio MX I recently installed, I've noticed that the mouse pointer
has a vertical line that tags along with it in these applications
_only_.

The system is running XP Pro, has an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 XVGA,
running at 1400 x 1050.

Any information or pointers are greatly welcomed, and any offline
transactions can be directed towards:

neural_plasticity at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

-Christopher
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 9, 2004 4:33:11 AM

Check your display settings and make sure that they are set to 16
million colors. Beyond that, without seeing it, it's not possible for
me to offer much of a comment on it.

!