Should I overclock my AMD 1075t?

blado

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I'm currently using an AMD 1075t along with an AMD 6950 2GB and 8 gigabytes of ram. Would I see a performance boost in games if I overclocked my 1075t? I noticed that while playing Skyrim I saw only a 2-3 FPS difference when switching AA on and off, and became curious if my CPU was slightly bottle necking my GPU. If it's worth overclocking, do you know of a good guide for overclocking a 1075t? I'm not looking to go crazy with overclocking. I've done a little research already and 3.6 GHz seems like a good place to aim for. I have no idea how to accomplish this, however. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do not have the black edition.

blado

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I think I'm currently using an Asetek 510 or 550 liquid cooling system. It's okay if I can't go that high. I just want to overclock to a level that will give a decent performance boost, while still being relatively safe. Although I'm still curious on how much of a performance boost is possible.

blado

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Kind of went over my head there. Do you know of a good noob friendly guide to overclocking? Do you think I'll see a noticeable fps increase in most games?