Found my first NL bug

So Lexie meets Goopy, and they hit it off right away.
They kissed goodbye on the first meeting. Never had
that happen before! Then Lexie called and invited
Goopy on a date. All was going well, they were seated
in a booth, Lexie ordered Goopy's favorite food for
both of them. The waiter took the order and left.
The time started running out on the date clock, so
I had Lexie toast Goopy. All at once, they were both
STANDING beside the booth, looking at each other
like, "Wha--fu??" So I clicked on the host, chose
"Give up seat" and had them seated again. Lexie ordered
for them again, and the waiter arrived but never put
the food on the table. By that time the date clock
had run out, so Lexie never got to fulfill that Want
to eat a meal with Goopy. But I did have her skip out
on the bill as revenge! LOL

Laura

I've gotten the dreaded jump bug a few times since installing NL and it was
with a newly created Sim and townie living in downtown. I also had a new bug
when my baby was supposed to turn into a toddler. Brought him to the cake
and they stood there forever. Then the brother took a piece of the cake and
dad put the baby on the floor. I had to buy a new cake and start over. I
didn't remove a large assortment of my hacks so I'm convinced one of them is
causing the problems. I'll remove them today and see what happens.

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> So Lexie meets Goopy, and they hit it off right away.
> They kissed goodbye on the first meeting. Never had
> that happen before! Then Lexie called and invited
> Goopy on a date. All was going well, they were seated
> in a booth, Lexie ordered Goopy's favorite food for
> both of them. The waiter took the order and left.
> The time started running out on the date clock, so
> I had Lexie toast Goopy. All at once, they were both
> STANDING beside the booth, looking at each other
> like, "Wha--fu??" So I clicked on the host, chose
> "Give up seat" and had them seated again. Lexie ordered
> for them again, and the waiter arrived but never put
> the food on the table. By that time the date clock
> had run out, so Lexie never got to fulfill that Want
> to eat a meal with Goopy. But I did have her skip out
> on the bill as revenge! LOL
>
> Laura

>So Lexie meets Goopy, and they hit it off right away.
>They kissed goodbye on the first meeting. Never had
>that happen before! Then Lexie called and invited
>Goopy on a date. All was going well, they were seated
>in a booth, Lexie ordered Goopy's favorite food for
>both of them. The waiter took the order and left.
>The time started running out on the date clock, so
>I had Lexie toast Goopy. All at once, they were both
>STANDING beside the booth, looking at each other
>like, "Wha--fu??" So I clicked on the host, chose
>"Give up seat" and had them seated again. Lexie ordered
>for them again, and the waiter arrived but never put
>the food on the table. By that time the date clock
>had run out, so Lexie never got to fulfill that Want
>to eat a meal with Goopy. But I did have her skip out
>on the bill as revenge! LOL

I had a couple of sims who met at uni and have graduated. I moved one
of them in and got the message she brings MINUS 15k to the family!! She
also seems to have lost her 2 extra wants and the ability to lock 2 at
once.

I have zero hacks and am experiencing the same "jump" that Laura describes
occasionally when dining in downtown. Sounds like a bug to me.

Julie

marcesent wrote:
> I have zero hacks and am experiencing the same "jump" that Laura
> describes occasionally when dining in downtown. Sounds like a bug to
> me.

It is, it was originaly experienced with TS2 but the patch fixed it, it
seems like it is back. However last time IIRC, it was caused by a sim
having a certain amount of memories (257? (2^8 +1)), now however it seems to
be being caused by something different as Chris said it happened with a new
sim.

Laura Castellano wrote:
> So Lexie meets Goopy, and they hit it off right away.
> They kissed goodbye on the first meeting. Never had
> that happen before! Then Lexie called and invited
> Goopy on a date. All was going well, they were seated
> in a booth, Lexie ordered Goopy's favorite food for
> both of them. The waiter took the order and left.
> The time started running out on the date clock, so
> I had Lexie toast Goopy. All at once, they were both
> STANDING beside the booth, looking at each other
> like, "Wha--fu??" So I clicked on the host, chose
> "Give up seat" and had them seated again. Lexie ordered
> for them again, and the waiter arrived but never put
> the food on the table. By that time the date clock
> had run out, so Lexie never got to fulfill that Want
> to eat a meal with Goopy. But I did have her skip out
> on the bill as revenge! LOL
>
> Laura

Actually your "bug" is that your sim is named Goopy.

--
--Cuth

Laura Castellano wrote:
> So Lexie meets Goopy, and they hit it off right away.
> They kissed goodbye on the first meeting. Never had
> that happen before! Then Lexie called and invited
> Goopy on a date. All was going well, they were seated
> in a booth, Lexie ordered Goopy's favorite food for
> both of them. The waiter took the order and left.
> The time started running out on the date clock, so
> I had Lexie toast Goopy. All at once, they were both
> STANDING beside the booth, looking at each other
> like, "Wha--fu??" So I clicked on the host, chose
> "Give up seat" and had them seated again. Lexie ordered
> for them again, and the waiter arrived but never put
> the food on the table. By that time the date clock
> had run out, so Lexie never got to fulfill that Want
> to eat a meal with Goopy. But I did have her skip out
> on the bill as revenge! LOL
>
> Laura

Are you sure some hacks aren't causing this?

--
--Cuth

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >So Lexie meets Goopy, and they hit it off right away.
>>They kissed goodbye on the first meeting. Never had
>>that happen before! Then Lexie called and invited
>>Goopy on a date. All was going well, they were seated
>>in a booth, Lexie ordered Goopy's favorite food for
>>both of them. The waiter took the order and left.
>>The time started running out on the date clock, so
>>I had Lexie toast Goopy. All at once, they were both
>>STANDING beside the booth, looking at each other
>>like, "Wha--fu??" So I clicked on the host, chose
>>"Give up seat" and had them seated again. Lexie ordered
>>for them again, and the waiter arrived but never put
>>the food on the table. By that time the date clock
>>had run out, so Lexie never got to fulfill that Want
>>to eat a meal with Goopy. But I did have her skip out
>>on the bill as revenge! LOL
>
> I had a couple of sims who met at uni and have graduated. I moved one
> of them in and got the message she brings MINUS 15k to the family!! She
> also seems to have lost her 2 extra wants and the ability to lock 2 at
> once.

Hmmm.... She sounds like my friend's daughter-in-law. <g> In debt and
can't be pleased..... LOL

Jeanie

There she was downtown "where all the lights are bright" chatting to Count
Ravi Phillips and doing quite well. When the sun came up Ravi "winged it"
so to speak, of course as vampires tend to do, but the funny thing is my Sim
seemed to jump immediately to outside the club .... I thought she'd been
Simnapped for a moment.

I'd don't know if it was a bug or just one of those moments you tell your
grandkids about when they are not biting your neck.

Ern

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Actually your "bug" is that your sim is named Goopy.

LOL I can *not* be held responsible for that one. Maxis
named him. I didn't even want to meet him, he was one of
the ones who came to welcome Lexie when she moved into her
new house. I was shocked when she *kissed* him goodbye!

Laura

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Are you sure some hacks aren't causing this?

I had removed all my hacks and downloads when this
happened, so yep, I'm sure.

Laura

My vampires, when they fly in, just stand there and don't move. To talk to
them you have to stand directly in front of them and then the Sim jumps
backward. Is it the jump bug revisited?