Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360, PS3 and computer in one

Last response: in Systems
October 22, 2009 1:57:52 AM

Ok, so this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I've wanted to make one machine that did it all. Does anyone know of a way that you could put the insides of an Xbox 360, PS3 and computer into one case and have them all read CD's from the same optical drive?

More about : xbox 360 ps3 computer

October 22, 2009 2:14:10 AM

I don't think it wouldn't be a hardware thing, you'd have to do it with lots of software and converters and emulators, generally i think it'd be far too much of a pain to be worth it you might as well just get a PC controller hook up a gaming pc to an HD TV and run the PC versions of those games...
October 23, 2009 1:06:50 AM

what if i were to use the xbox 360 or ps3 motherboard as another video card or something and wrote a program for it? could that work?

edit: Or is there a way to make an optical drive that can play Xbox 360 games using the parts inside the 360?
Related resources
October 23, 2009 1:09:34 PM

The disks for both systems I think are standard DVD's so a normal DVD drive should be able to read it you just need a conversion program to process what it reads and an emulator to run the information. So my point is even though it'd be a pain, the easiest way I see it is to do it via software instead of shredding a 360 and a PS3 up to try an accomplish this with hardware.

or you could just build a case that holds both so i'd look like one machine with two drives, i guess that's just a cosmetic solution though.
October 23, 2009 2:16:38 PM

geoffpvs said:
what if i were to use the xbox 360 or ps3 motherboard as another video card or something and wrote a program for it? could that work?

No.
!