Xbox 360, PS3 and computer in one

geoffpvs

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Ok, so this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I've wanted to make one machine that did it all. Does anyone know of a way that you could put the insides of an Xbox 360, PS3 and computer into one case and have them all read CD's from the same optical drive?

niacine

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I don't think it wouldn't be a hardware thing, you'd have to do it with lots of software and converters and emulators, generally i think it'd be far too much of a pain to be worth it you might as well just get a PC controller hook up a gaming pc to an HD TV and run the PC versions of those games...

geoffpvs

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
what if i were to use the xbox 360 or ps3 motherboard as another video card or something and wrote a program for it? could that work?

edit: Or is there a way to make an optical drive that can play Xbox 360 games using the parts inside the 360?

niacine

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
The disks for both systems I think are standard DVD's so a normal DVD drive should be able to read it you just need a conversion program to process what it reads and an emulator to run the information. So my point is even though it'd be a pain, the easiest way I see it is to do it via software instead of shredding a 360 and a PS3 up to try an accomplish this with hardware.

or you could just build a case that holds both so i'd look like one machine with two drives, i guess that's just a cosmetic solution though.

Cromulent

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

No.

TRENDING THREADS