Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Crashes When Using Full-Screen

Last response: in Overclocking
February 14, 2012 2:34:20 PM

Hi,so i don''t know if this is the right forum to post this in but i have been having problems recently.
Anywho,Here's the problem.
When even i try to watch a movie,a Youtube video or play full-screen games,my monitor crashes and says "Monitor going to sleep".I just got my computer back from a repair shop and it had a burnt out hard disk so it got replaced with the factory image Windows 7 Home premium.
I'm 95% sure that also any of my other hardware's didn't get replaced.
This is what my event log shows to me when ever my computer crashes.(It has 6 errors in total,1 of them a warning and the other one is critical)

Event 41,Kernel power
Quote:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event 1,RTL8167
Quote:
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from network.

Event 6008,Eventlog
Quote:
The previous system shutdown at 17:53:12 on ‎13.‎02.‎2012 was unexpected.

Event 7000 Service Control Manager
Quote:
The Steam Client Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event 7009,Service Control Manager
Quote:
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client Service service to connect.

Event 10,WMI
Quote:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Now i don't know much about fixing problem's or IT in general so friendly advice will do,please help me with this problem...
February 14, 2012 2:37:44 PM

Oh,yeah moderator ,can you please move this to the right forum,if this already isnt.
a b U Graphics card
a c 182 K Overclocking
February 15, 2012 7:51:27 AM

If the repair shop didn't load motherboard specific drivers when replacing your hdd that would cause some of your issues.
Go to your motherboard makers website and download and install some drivers.
The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller = Lan drivers is where i'd start.
Control panel/System and Security/Power Options = choose a power plan i use Performance
Kernel Power could be ram or gpu driver issues.
!