Toshiba sd-h400 (TIVO) Audio Failure

I purchased the Toshiba sd-h400 TIVO box almost a year back.
Recently the audio output started failing. I checked all cables
and all outputs (Digital, RF out, etc.). None of them have any sound
output.

If I unplug (Power) the box, leave it that way for some time and
then power it back on, I get the audio back. However, it fails again
after some time.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and/or know a solution?

Also, has any one made use of the warranty from Toshiba.
I still have a month more of "parts" warranty. The 90 day "labor"
warranty has expired. Is it a pain to send it in and have them
fix this problem?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about toshiba h400 tivo audio failure

    Might be cheaper to a new one. Saw Overstock.com has them for $158
    did you change the output. I saw several ways to output the audio on mine

    Gary

    <nissansentra92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I purchased the Toshiba sd-h400 TIVO box almost a year back.
    > Recently the audio output started failing. I checked all cables
    > and all outputs (Digital, RF out, etc.). None of them have any sound
    > output.
    >
    > If I unplug (Power) the box, leave it that way for some time and
    > then power it back on, I get the audio back. However, it fails again
    > after some time.
    >
    > Has anyone else noticed this problem and/or know a solution?
    >
    > Also, has any one made use of the warranty from Toshiba.
    > I still have a month more of "parts" warranty. The 90 day "labor"
    > warranty has expired. Is it a pain to send it in and have them
    > fix this problem?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Thanks. Yeah, I tried various inputs but no luck.
    It probably is cheaper to buy another one that use the
    "parts" only warranty.

Tivo Audio Toshiba Home Theatre