Solved

Looking to purchase

As of this post, I have come to the understanding that Epox is dead and gone. but it is still considered the best MB for the Athlon XP 3200+.
Since I am trying to build a computer from my past, as explained in my other post.
So I am looking for any help at all in locating the EP-8RDA6+PRO.

I have run out of ideas so anything you guys can come up with will be a great help!

My build will hopefully be.

EP-8RDA6+PRO MB
Athlon XP 3200+ CPU
Evga 7800 GTX 512Mb
Corsair XMS 2GB PC3200 DDR DIMM Dual Channel
APEVIA ATX-JV650W 650W ATX12V
Windows 98 SE

Remember please... I am just playing Warcraft 2, MW2, MechCommander, C&C, StarFleetCommand 1, 2 and 3. and older games like that.
In your wise opinion's is this a great build or what should I change?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking purchase
  1. Why o Why would you built thet The Athlon II's will run circles around that some things are just meant to stay in the past :lol:
  2. Why are you considering to build such an old PC ? there are lots of better components available
  3. saaiello said:
    Why o Why would you built thet The Athlon II's will run circles around that some things are just meant to stay in the past :lol:

because the older games that I like will not run or I should say I can't get them to run on the newer setups..(vista / 7) there are also a few that don't like XP either... :( they just run too doggone fast..
  4. Maziar said:
    Why are you considering to build such an old PC ? there are lots of better components available

I have explained that and I am amazed that 6 years is translated into archaic.. I have a house older that that and a car.. this is just a fun little project for my older games that were made to run on the Pent II / Pent III 900MHz..
  5. First of all let me state that I don't want to be dragged into a WHY......conversation..
    This is a fun little project just for me, I'm sorry if you feel it is a wast of my time and money. but after all it is my time and money.

I anyone can come up with a better build that will max out a windows '98 game like command & conquer (tiberium sun), MechWarrior 2, Klingon Academy or Age of Empires (Greek mythology) then I am all ears, that's what this post should be all about.

so endith the sermon.
  6. Best answer
    OK then that looks fine however,i recommend you going with XP,i think you will be fine with all of those games under XP
  7. Best answer selected by pvcady001.
Ask a new question

Read More

Epox Motherboards