Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking to purchase

Last response: in Motherboards
April 16, 2010 2:54:17 AM

As of this post, I have come to the understanding that Epox is dead and gone. but it is still considered the best MB for the Athlon XP 3200+.
Since I am trying to build a computer from my past, as explained in my other post.
So I am looking for any help at all in locating the EP-8RDA6+PRO.

I have run out of ideas so anything you guys can come up with will be a great help!

My build will hopefully be.

EP-8RDA6+PRO MB
Athlon XP 3200+ CPU
Evga 7800 GTX 512Mb
Corsair XMS 2GB PC3200 DDR DIMM Dual Channel
APEVIA ATX-JV650W 650W ATX12V
Windows 98 SE

Remember please... I am just playing Warcraft 2, MW2, MechCommander, C&C, StarFleetCommand 1, 2 and 3. and older games like that.
In your wise opinion's is this a great build or what should I change?

More about : purchase

a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2010 6:53:01 AM

Why o Why would you built thet The Athlon II's will run circles around that some things are just meant to stay in the past :lol: 
m
l
a c 135 V Motherboard
April 16, 2010 7:00:51 AM

Why are you considering to build such an old PC ? there are lots of better components available
m
l
Related resources
April 16, 2010 7:03:37 AM

saaiello said:
Why o Why would you built thet The Athlon II's will run circles around that some things are just meant to stay in the past :lol: 

because the older games that I like will not run or I should say I can't get them to run on the newer setups..(vista / 7) there are also a few that don't like XP either... :(  they just run too doggone fast..
m
l
April 16, 2010 7:10:26 AM

Maziar said:
Why are you considering to build such an old PC ? there are lots of better components available

I have explained that and I am amazed that 6 years is translated into archaic.. I have a house older that that and a car.. this is just a fun little project for my older games that were made to run on the Pent II / Pent III 900MHz..
m
l
April 16, 2010 7:26:14 AM

First of all let me state that I don't want to be dragged into a WHY......conversation..
This is a fun little project just for me, I'm sorry if you feel it is a wast of my time and money. but after all it is my time and money.

I anyone can come up with a better build that will max out a windows '98 game like command & conquer (tiberium sun), MechWarrior 2, Klingon Academy or Age of Empires (Greek mythology) then I am all ears, that's what this post should be all about.

so endith the sermon.
m
l

Best solution

a c 135 V Motherboard
April 16, 2010 2:45:41 PM

OK then that looks fine however,i recommend you going with XP,i think you will be fine with all of those games under XP
April 23, 2010 2:55:49 AM

Best answer selected by pvcady001.
m
l
!