PLEASE HELP!!!!!! NEED BIOS UPDATE!!!!

samslick

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Hello I have an hp pavillion 7960 with a wmt-lx sonic mobo I have an upgradeware p478 with a 2.6 ghz northwood, And just cant seem to get it to work. I am running pc800 rambus and am running bios 2.06. I have the voltage dip set at what the processor calls for. Anyone have any Idea? I'm stuck using a 1.3 ghz right now. Can I possibly find a custom or reverse engineered BIOS? BIOSAGENTPLUS claims to have a newer version than I have but they want 35$ and Ive heard bad things about them. Please HELP!!!!!

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Gee Sam, you have a 8+ year old HP computer, and it doesn't work. The specs from HP show the RAMBUS memory should be PC600... might be part of the problem... Do you really think a custom OR reversed engineered BIOS chip will cost LESS than $35?? You may really want to rethink the whole plan... What have you heard about BIOSAGENTPLUS?

http://esupport.com/about-us

samslick

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Sorry I failed to mention It runs just fine with the factory 1.3ghz 423 in it. And the pc800 I used to have pc600 it makes your fsb 300mhz pc800=400mhz fsb. It has 1 gb ram and an overclocked hd2600xt 512 agp. Sb audigy 2 zs 500 watt ps and 2 160gb hds. The whole idea with the custom or r.e. bios is I would just really like to have a bios that supported the northwood(like the dimension 8100 got a beta bios and instant support) Just want it to run with the 2.6 ghz. And oh I heard awhile back that biosagentplus was a scam. But They appear to have a bios revision newer than mine. If you know something I dont please enlighten me.

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Unless HP has a factory BIOS upgrade that fixes the issue you are having trying to run that CPU, then you are stuck with what you have. BIOSAGENTPLUS is a software program that identifies BIOS upgrades that would be avaliabe for a particular computer system, if HP doesnt have an upgrade, then BIOSAGENTPLUS won't help at all. Earlier HP computers like the one you own have proprietary motherboards, cases, and power supplies, making them almost impossibe to update... Save up some money, $300 would buy you a pretty respectible computer compared to what you are trying to upgrade...

megaplay

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
biosagent is a cheap scam where noobs might fall into.
arent u smart enought to look on ur manufacturer motherboard and check for the final bios version.. BA bullshit will always have something "new" shown up just to make u join and pay the price for bullshit.

Joe Bishop

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

Don't use Biosagent plus. Thir freeware will tell you your bios is out of date just to get your 35$. Then they'll tell you you are up to date.

Joe Bishop

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

Don't use Biosagent plus. Thir freeware will tell you your bios is out of date just to get your 35$. Then they'll tell you you are up to date.