tekneek

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Ok setup is FATAL1TY Z68 GEN3 ocz agility 3 western digital hdd sata3 1tb green

i install the raid driver on win7 install boots to windows fine upgrade windows through the update feature as sp1 hangs on netframework from base (problem 1 fixed)

ok so i've updated windows now its BLUE SCREENING on the windows startup ? and trying to access my bios ? lucky i have it passworded

is there a patch that intel forgot to ask microsoft to install or an update that is failing to reconize my setup and kills it ?

the only thing that has come of good is that the SSD-HDD RAID0 setup does not loose data via setting the raid back to achi in bios due to the ssd acting as the cache and the speeds are super duper fast.

everything is brand new and don't say the ssd is faulty as i've been in windows 7 time for it to be ok

any help on my problem would be greatly appreciated

tekneek

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

then why is it publisized from intel , cwhat i'm thinking is that microsoft has given up on windows 7 and is concentrating on 8 and their shitty tabloid looking os as if you want dirty marks on your screen esp when gaming and watching movies

They don't. The Z-series boards allow you to use a small SSD as a cache device. This is meant for users who can't afford / don't want to invest in a larger SSD to use as a boot device or, in rare instances, a data device. An SSD can be set up as a cache device or a regular, accessible drive, but not both.

Unfortunately, there have been quite a few people confused by the way this was described. The fact that the BIOS has to be set to RAID mode for this to work has convinced people that this is a RAID setup, when it isn't. It's just an extreme case of ReadyBoost ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost )

tekneek

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

no i used the intel rapid storage technology to speed up the hdd which is better than a normal hdd raid0 setup because it cuts the hdd dead zone completely out as the ssd doesn't get stored apon just used as the buffer . its like having a normal hard drive with a cache of 60gigs instead of 64mb , i do believe that combining these drives will be the cheap future as long as they incorparate a switch to disable the ssd cache because the hdd part does run normal without the ssd cache via the old jumper switch on the rear of the drive like the old ide ribbon days primary seconday switch thats if there is a data limit on ssd's !

tekneek

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

readyboost is for todays laptops