Common problem?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 5, 2005 10:27:53 PM

I've been having a problem with my Cingular Samsung x427m in that the
headset socket is so problematic to make it useless. When I plug in my
headset (I've tried a couple) I have to fiddle with the plug to hear and
speak into the phone. However, it doesn't last as the connection fizzles
out and forces me to fool with the plug to get it back momentarily.

My Question: Are there others with this problem? Is it a problem with my
phone or a general problem with the model?

Thanks :-)

More about : common problem

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 12:13:45 AM

Drewdawg Wrote:
> I've been having a problem with my Cingular Samsung x427m in that the
> headset socket is so problematic to make it useless. When I plug in
> my
> headset (I've tried a couple) I have to fiddle with the plug to hear
> and
> speak into the phone. However, it doesn't last as the connection
> fizzles
> out and forces me to fool with the plug to get it back momentarily.
>
> My Question: Are there others with this problem? Is it a problem with
> my
> phone or a general problem with the model?
>
> Thanks :-)

I haven't heard of that particular problem with this phone. It sounds
as though it's an isolated incident. The number to call is
1-800-801-1101. That number leads you to the Exchange by mail
department. If you've had the phone less than a year and there is no
physical damage to the phone they will replace the phone free of charge
for you, by mailing you another X427. All you have to do once you
receive the new phone, is send your defective phone back. They will go
over all this on the phone.

Hope this helps.

--
scott14661
March 6, 2005 4:05:51 AM

In article <y8sWd.41$zi1.1318@news.uswest.net>,
"Drewdawg" <nope@not.here> wrote:

> I've been having a problem with my Cingular Samsung x427m in that the
> headset socket is so problematic to make it useless. When I plug in my
> headset (I've tried a couple) I have to fiddle with the plug to hear and
> speak into the phone. However, it doesn't last as the connection fizzles
> out and forces me to fool with the plug to get it back momentarily.
>
> My Question: Are there others with this problem? Is it a problem with my
> phone or a general problem with the model?
>
> Thanks :-)

I wouldn't wonder. I'd bring the phone back yo where it was purchased
and not leave till they replaced the phone or demonstrating a headset
that would work.
March 7, 2005 8:15:41 AM

Good question. I have had the same problem with all samsung phones on
cingular. Theonly fix for my cutomers is to get a Plantonics headset. Most
Plantonics headsets will not be staticy
"Drewdawg" <nope@not.here> wrote in message
> I've been having a problem with my Cingular Samsung x427m in that the
> headset socket is so problematic to make it useless. When I plug in my
> headset (I've tried a couple) I have to fiddle with the plug to hear and
> speak into the phone. However, it doesn't last as the connection fizzles
> out and forces me to fool with the plug to get it back momentarily.
>
> My Question: Are there others with this problem? Is it a problem with my
> phone or a general problem with the model?
>
> Thanks :-)

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 3:55:39 PM

In article <scott14661.1lgcqy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
scott14661 <scott14661.1lgcqy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

> Drewdawg Wrote:
> > I've been having a problem with my Cingular Samsung x427m in that the
> > headset socket is so problematic to make it useless. When I plug in
> > my
> > headset (I've tried a couple) I have to fiddle with the plug to hear
> > and
> > speak into the phone. However, it doesn't last as the connection
> > fizzles
> > out and forces me to fool with the plug to get it back momentarily.
> >
> > My Question: Are there others with this problem? Is it a problem with
> > my
> > phone or a general problem with the model?
> >
> > Thanks :-)
>
> I haven't heard of that particular problem with this phone. It sounds
> as though it's an isolated incident. The number to call is
> 1-800-801-1101. That number leads you to the Exchange by mail
> department. If you've had the phone less than a year and there is no
> physical damage to the phone they will replace the phone free of charge
> for you, by mailing you another X427. All you have to do once you
> receive the new phone, is send your defective phone back. They will go
> over all this on the phone.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thats the same outfit that handles warranty work for SprintPCS:

http://8help.osu.edu/2301.html
!