H55 or H57?

I would like to build a PC based on the i7 860. But which motherboard do I get and what chipset? I came across the Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 which is a H57 Mobo. Another option is the GA-H55-USB3 which is a H55 Mobo. I would have thought that the H57 chipset has slightly better features than the H55 chipset but they are otherwise the same. Is that tight? If so, should I get a H57 Mobo and if so which one? Is the Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 a good choice?

Thanks in advance for your help
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. saaiello said:

Thanks for the specs table. I've sen this table on this site and as far as I understand it, the H57 Mobo is slightly better. Anyone has first hand expereince or saw a review comparing these two chipsets? which is better and then what Mobo would you recommend?
  2. The H57 has slightly more features. Here's an older discussion on differences you may want to review, it gets sidetracked in the middle but still some information you may find useful: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/268844-30-please-explain
  3. i'd think a h55 is pretty sufficient for average needs.. don't waste extra bucks on h57
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Chipsets USB3 Gigabyte