My Nightlife bug list

It ain't pretty reading, Maxis. All these bugs have been duplicated
after hacks have been removed. No wonder they are already working hard
to make a patch. Frankly, it's starting to bug me, with what is
otherwise an excellent EP.

*Dissappearing diagonal windows at move out
*Transparent students
*Frozen mascots
*Specular halo in non-platinum modes
*Specular halo getting stuck when sim leaves lot to go to class or
campus
*Assignment gets stuck in floor, lodged vertically in, like someone
had thrown it like a ninja-star or something
*Same thing with bills
*Students getting locked in other people's rooms and being unable to
get out, despite door not even being locked
*Cops & robbers freeze
*Repoman appears despite there being no bills, and the bills have been
paid
*Growing up is severly bugged, sometimes works, sometimes not,
sometimes twins grow up on different days because the 0 days left
doesnt trigger
*Ability to cook ribs dissappeared with 10 cooking points
*BBQ nearly always starts a fire despite having max cooking points (or
is that normal?)
*Fridge being empty when you try to get food, despite it being 3/4
full
*Mini-fridge can't show supplies, and can't make food on top of it,
food dissappears
--

.... too busy playing to post much :)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:14:49 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>It ain't pretty reading, Maxis. All these bugs have been duplicated
>after hacks have been removed. No wonder they are already working hard
>to make a patch. Frankly, it's starting to bug me, with what is
>otherwise an excellent EP.

One more thing... the searchlight doesnt "dissappear" when you turn to
day. So when you turn to night again, a second beam appears. At least
that's what happens in my game.
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 19-9-2005 11:14:
> It ain't pretty reading, Maxis. All these bugs have been duplicated
> after hacks have been removed. No wonder they are already working hard
> to make a patch. Frankly, it's starting to bug me, with what is
> otherwise an excellent EP.

One bug I found was that when for instance the toilet is clogged or the
washing basing is broken a puddle now appears under the affected object
and sims cannot mop it up, so you have to either go in buy mode, move
the object so your sim can mop and then move it back again, or use the
moveobjects cheat to delete it. already happened a couple of times in my
game.

Bianca

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:28:27 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>One bug I found was that when for instance the toilet is clogged or the
>washing basing is broken a puddle now appears under the affected object
>and sims cannot mop it up, so you have to either go in buy mode, move
>the object so your sim can mop and then move it back again, or use the
>moveobjects cheat to delete it. already happened a couple of times in my
> game.

This happened to me a few times, but they were able to mop it up. This
is a bug that was thought eliminated with Unleashed ROFL...

"Water under object bug V 2.00"
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 19-9-2005 11:50:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:28:27 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>One bug I found was that when for instance the toilet is clogged or the
>>washing basing is broken a puddle now appears under the affected object
>>and sims cannot mop it up, so you have to either go in buy mode, move
>>the object so your sim can mop and then move it back again, or use the
>>moveobjects cheat to delete it. already happened a couple of times in my
>> game.
>

> This happened to me a few times, but they were able to mop it up. This
> is a bug that was thought eliminated with Unleashed ROFL...
>
> "Water under object bug V 2.00"

My neat-freak sim (full neat points) didn't automatically go mop it up,
while when I let him he cleans his house all day, and I couldn't click
on the puddle to get the action lined up untill I moved to object
standing in/on the puddle.

Bianca

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:00:37 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Pre-NL, and supposedly fixed

Yep... seems to me like they fixed hardly any of the bugs from Uni.
What's worse is they seem more frequent. Like I said.. no wonder
they're working overtime on a patch... they're working both on one for
uni and one for NL.
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

Another small bug....sometimes when my controlled Sim and his date get out
of the car in the driveway, if she takes too long walking away from the car
(say something is in her way, or she turns to say something to him instead
of walking to the house) my controlled Sim will get "stuck" on the little
control square to the back left of the car (when you place a car you'll see
it). Only fix I've found is delete the car, let him walk away, and then buy
a new one. I will say that I have only played with the expensive sports car
so far, so I don't know if it's car-specific, but I have had it happen on
several lots with the sports car.

Julie

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:00:37 GMT, "Madame Mim"
> <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Pre-NL, and supposedly fixed
>
> Yep... seems to me like they fixed hardly any of the bugs from Uni.
> What's worse is they seem more frequent. Like I said.. no wonder
> they're working overtime on a patch... they're working both on one for
> uni and one for NL.

Well, if you read that post about a Maxoid speaking on a website
("Conversation with a Maxoid" by Vecki, on the 14th), that's actually the
case. They didn't fix any of the bugs in Nightlife itself, they plan on
releasing a concurrent patch for Uni and NL to fix the bugs. They did
change some things that caused some of the bugs, like raising the iteration
limit, but apparently not the actual bugs.

Who knows when the patch will be out, though he did say it's in testing now.

* The *very* first time I tried a car my Sim took a spin and never came
back. I could see all bargraphs getting lower and lower until everything
but Environment was in the red, and my Sim never came back (nor did he die).

* Some of my lots now refuse to load. After a few seconds of loading, I can
see the CPU usage getting stuck at 100% and the memory usage not moving at
all. By trial and error, I found out that if I send the lot to the house
bin and then put the house back in the neighbourhood the problem is "fixed".

* Three times now since installing NL my machine locked up completely at
random times (twice on a lot, once more at the 'main' downtown screen).
While I realize this is normally a driver issue, it's never been a problem
until now.

* Buy/Build/Save buttons still get grayed out when they shouldn't (eg, right
after loading a lot). Had to Alt-Tab/kill the EXE a few times. >:-(

WOW! I'm glad I don't have these problems! My game is playing smooth and
easy! ROTFL....like yeah baby!

deene

My Sim that lives downtown always drives down the street without a car when
she is returning home...the car re-appears around her just before she gets
to the driveway. (sports car)

Kelly Bee

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:00:37 GMT, "Madame Mim"
> <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Pre-NL, and supposedly fixed
>
> Yep... seems to me like they fixed hardly any of the bugs from Uni.
> What's worse is they seem more frequent. Like I said.. no wonder
> they're working overtime on a patch... they're working both on one for
> uni and one for NL.
> --
>

> "About family.... don't try it with vampires.
> It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
> Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
> WOW! I'm glad I don't have these problems! My game is playing smooth and
> easy! ROTFL....like yeah baby!
>
> deene
How come you're so Lucky? After reading about all these bugs, I'm afraid
when (IF) I install NL, I'll get bugs too. I have none that I know of now.
My game runs so smooth I'm always holding my Breath!
Was your game running smoothly before NL? And did you install over Sims2 and
Uni?
Sage

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
>> WOW! I'm glad I don't have these problems! My game is playing smooth
>> and easy! ROTFL....like yeah baby!
>>
>> deene
> How come you're so Lucky? After reading about all these bugs, I'm
> afraid when (IF) I install NL, I'll get bugs too. I have none that I
> know of now. My game runs so smooth I'm always holding my Breath!
> Was your game running smoothly before NL? And did you install over
> Sims2 and Uni?
> Sage

LOL well I was just kidding but actually, I've not had some of these
bugs. I did do a clean re install of everything, but Guardian did too.
I've not played as much as Guardian, so that is probably why I've not
seen some of them. I've played university several hours now and have not
yet seen those bugs mentioned. I've yet to have a house with diagonal
windows, so I don't know about that bug yet. I've BBQ's some ribs,
didn't have any unusual problems.

I'm still watching out for these bugs though that have been mentioned &
will post if I see any.

deene

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
>>> WOW! I'm glad I don't have these problems! My game is playing smooth and
>>> easy! ROTFL....like yeah baby!
>>>
>>> deene
>> How come you're so Lucky? After reading about all these bugs, I'm afraid
>> when (IF) I install NL, I'll get bugs too. I have none that I know of
>> now. My game runs so smooth I'm always holding my Breath!
>> Was your game running smoothly before NL? And did you install over Sims2
>> and Uni?
>> Sage
>>
> LOL well I was just kidding but actually, I've not had some of these bugs.
> I did do a clean re install of everything, but Guardian did too. I've not
> played as much as Guardian, so that is probably why I've not seen some of
> them. I've played university several hours now and have not yet seen those
> bugs mentioned. I've yet to have a house with diagonal windows, so I don't
> know about that bug yet. I've BBQ's some ribs, didn't have any unusual
> problems.
>
> I'm still watching out for these bugs though that have been mentioned &
> will post if I see any.
>
> deene

Thanks, that will be helpful... I don't want to do a Clean install though. I
have 'hoods and families I want to keep... Oh dear! What to do??? I have it
but maybe don't want it. OR I may wait until the patches come out. They
helped me some what last time.
Sage

Here's something I've encountered just today. I started
adding in a few hacks, so it's possible one of them is
causing it.

Whenever my sim calls someone for a date, no matter what
time of day or night, the message pops up: "Harass? Cancel?"
I choose 'Cancel' and then the date meter appears. It's very
weird. Tomorrow I'll take out the hacks I added in and see
if it still happens.

Laura

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> *Growing up is severly bugged, sometimes works, sometimes not,
> sometimes twins grow up on different days because the 0 days left
> doesnt trigger
This happened to me pre-NL. I have several sets of twins that are 1 or
2 days apart on their birthdays.

--
Donna

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:33:07 -0230, "Kelly Bee" <kb@roadrunner.nf.net>
wrote:

>My Sim that lives downtown always drives down the street without a car when
>she is returning home...the car re-appears around her just before she gets
>to the driveway. (sports car)

LOL imagine that IRL :p
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

>>My Sim that lives downtown always drives down the street without a car when
>>she is returning home...the car re-appears around her just before she gets
>>to the driveway. (sports car)

LOL Creepy!

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:55:34 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Well, if you read that post about a Maxoid speaking on a website
>("Conversation with a Maxoid" by Vecki, on the 14th), that's actually the
>case. They didn't fix any of the bugs in Nightlife itself, they plan on
>releasing a concurrent patch for Uni and NL to fix the bugs. They did
>change some things that caused some of the bugs, like raising the iteration
>limit, but apparently not the actual bugs.
>
>Who knows when the patch will be out, though he did say it's in testing now.

Wow..... I wonder if that will make OFB "delayed" (ie. later than
march).
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Wow..... I wonder if that will make OFB "delayed" (ie. later than
> march).

<snort> Come on, GP, you KNOW it isn't going to be
released in March ;)

Laura

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:42:19 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson"
<root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>* Some of my lots now refuse to load. After a few seconds of loading, I can
>see the CPU usage getting stuck at 100% and the memory usage not moving at
>all. By trial and error, I found out that if I send the lot to the house
>bin and then put the house back in the neighbourhood the problem is "fixed".

Weirdness...

>* Three times now since installing NL my machine locked up completely at
>random times (twice on a lot, once more at the 'main' downtown screen).
>While I realize this is normally a driver issue, it's never been a problem
>until now.

I haven't had a single crash with NL. Once again it seems The Sims 2
is incredibly picky and quirky depending on the computer it's being
used.

>* Buy/Build/Save buttons still get grayed out when they shouldn't (eg, right
>after loading a lot). Had to Alt-Tab/kill the EXE a few times. >:-(

Dang... I have some bugs in my game but the only serious one is the
dissappearing diagonal windows.
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:57:17 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

><snort> Come on, GP, you KNOW it isn't going to be
>released in March ;)

I keep hearing so, but I refuse to believe it! LOL
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

Why not - they've stuck to the six month schedule strictly so far.

Best wishes
maxon

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
> > Wow..... I wonder if that will make OFB "delayed" (ie. later than
> > march).
>

> <snort> Come on, GP, you KNOW it isn't going to be
> released in March ;)
>
> Laura

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:25:59 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Why not - they've stuck to the six month schedule strictly so far.

*goes to look up review dates*

Hot Date December 2001
Vacation : April 2002
Unleashed: September 2002
Superstar: May 12 2003
Makin Magic: September 23 2003 (is that right? Did MM come less than 4
months after SS?)
Sims 2: Sep 2004
University: March 2005
Nightlife: Sep 2004

6 months doesn't seem unrealistic for OFB at all.
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

Well, I was thinking of Sims 2 only but you're right, Sims 1 was pretty much
a treadmill of putting out expansions. At the time, the EPs seemed much
more spread out than that but my memory is unreliable for that period. I
thought Sims 1 was originally released before 1998.

Best wishes
maxon