Sign in with
Your question

How commonplace is motherboard on board temperature sensing?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Temperature
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 16, 2012 8:07:21 AM

Hello
at this URL: www.squidoo.com/best-1155-motherboard they is an article which touts ASUS LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 as being the best 1155 Z68 Motherboard 2012. It gives as one of the reasons for touting it as having onboard temperature sensors. So I was curious as to whether this was the cheapest ASUS Z68 motherboard with onboard temperature sensing, but after searching for these words on the ASUS site, the Z68 motherboard pages in particular, I couldn't find any motherboards that feature these words in their wright up. So is this the cheapest Z68 motherboard which has this feature whether it be a ASUS or other brands? Is this feature really something special can you achieve the same feature inexpensively and easily by other means?

More about : commonplace motherboard board temperature sensing

February 16, 2012 5:13:31 PM

in66732 said:
Hello
at this URL: www.squidoo.com/best-1155-motherboard they is an article which touts ASUS LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 as being the best 1155 Z68 Motherboard 2012. It gives as one of the reasons for touting it as having onboard temperature sensors. So I was curious as to whether this was the cheapest ASUS Z68 motherboard with onboard temperature sensing, but after searching for these words on the ASUS site, the Z68 motherboard pages in particular, I couldn't find any motherboards that feature these words in their wright up. So is this the cheapest Z68 motherboard which has this feature whether it be a ASUS or other brands? Is this feature really something special can you achieve the same feature inexpensively and easily by other means?

I am extending my question by replying to my own post. On another forum site where question very similar to mine was posted there was a reply with the image below posted in the answer.

So now my further question is this is the image above indication of what can be expected from many motherboards in all price ranges from many motherboard brands. And can you use information like that to help you figure out what's the best overclock arrangement for your particular equipment?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 16, 2012 8:17:17 PM

I use this:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Be careful though, it gives a lot of info but you often have to figure out what's what. My core temps show up 10 degrees low compared to AMD's overdrive software.

I think most boards have some sensors to get info from. My cheap ECS board had a lot of info show up. My Gigabyte board has about twice as much info as the ESC though.
m
l
Related resources
February 16, 2012 10:05:50 PM

Z1NONLY said:
I use this:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Be careful though, it gives a lot of info but you often have to figure out what's what. My core temps show up 10 degrees low compared to AMD's overdrive software.

I think most boards have some sensors to get info from. My cheap ECS board had a lot of info show up. My Gigabyte board has about twice as much info as the ESC though.

Thanks for that link. It has some good information to help me investigate further.

Does anybody think the amount of information, on things like temperature, a motherboard reports to you is a more according to Brand than whether that brand is from the premium and or the economical end of the motherboard line of that manufacturer?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 2:55:16 AM

in66732 said:
Hello

I think all motherboards in the market these days have all onboard temperature sensing. NO, not ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 is the cheapest Z68 MB in the market. I'm using Biostar TZ68A+RCH and its only $109.99 in Micro Center.
m
l
!