CardWorks - alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used CardWorks as bridge between data-stora software and PCMCIA
communication cable for EEG made by Glonner.
It worked at old 486 PC, and after changing PC CardWorks doesn't work.
It doesn't support PCMCIA chipset :-(
My queistion is: how to cope it, are there any alternatives for
cardworks? Soon I will change laptop again.

Thanks!
Maniek
PS. I preffered to use Win98SE.

Maniek:

From the looks of the description I found on the net, Cardworks was for
Win95 or Win 3.1 to make the PCMCIA slot compatable with PC cards. So, I
don't think you need that software at all on a Win98SE and new PC card
machines. You might simply need to configure the driver that comes with the
OS to support the older standard. At least on my Toshiba you do that under
Control panel, and HW setup. There is a PC card tab and you would click on
the 16 bit support.

Rich
"Maniek" <maniek@underweb.net> wrote in message
> I used CardWorks as bridge between data-stora software and PCMCIA
> communication cable for EEG made by Glonner.
> It worked at old 486 PC, and after changing PC CardWorks doesn't work.
> It doesn't support PCMCIA chipset :-(
> My queistion is: how to cope it, are there any alternatives for
> cardworks? Soon I will change laptop again.
>
> Thanks!
> Maniek
> PS. I preffered to use Win98SE.

Status