Sign in with
Your question

I'm stuck :(

Last response: in Overclocking
February 16, 2012 5:13:23 PM

how the heck can i put my pc to the limits???

mobo: GA-990FXA-UD3
processor: phenom ii x4 955 be
grafic: GV-R687OC-1GD
ram: KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX
powersup: HCG-900
coolerblock: cm V8
hdd: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 ATA Device

pleas help me out

i'm a gamer and i know its better if i cf my grafs but i haven't the money

so i have to do it with this

More about : stuck

a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 3:49:25 AM

Are you asking if you should OC your CPU/GPU? What limits do you want to reach. You're system as it stands at stock is fairly formidable. The HD 6870 can run almost all modern games at high/ultra settings assuming your running 1 monitor at 1080P.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 5:22:28 AM

You GPU is already Factory OC'ed.... :)  you could OC your CPU to 3.4 or 3.6 from it's stock 3.2 but as Rage33 put it, it's really not needed unless you want to see if the Ferrari can touch the max speeds on the speedometer :) 
m
l
Related resources
February 17, 2012 6:05:38 AM

i hit the 3.9 without trouble
but i'm a mmorpg so its never fast enough :p 
but how is it possible to put my limits to the real limits
and not the "ow no don't break" limits love to know what my max can be
cause i can't play high or ultra in my game (wow) and that is so you "know what" :p 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 6:38:32 AM

Nah, putting your limits to the real limits, is actually dependent on the whole setup. There is no set rule that this is the max, just a guideline to know that this is what has been achieved till date and you have already set a pretty good record with the 3.9.
Any further would really make me feel like too much on the edge....
Though you could go in for a 965BE or something higher and have that clock go to 4.2 to 4.5...:)  But that too wouldn't be..... where you might want to be.....
m
l
February 17, 2012 8:51:23 AM

k it may be a good score but why is it then that i can't play in better resolution
oke my proc is almost on max so we put that aside

how can i higher my benchscore of my gpu???

ps: there is no way i'm gonna leave my 955 if i had the proper cooling i could pull him to the very limit and thats 7.1 XD it gives me the creaps so no the proc stay :p 

outher things that i can do to max my pc????
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 10:07:03 AM

here are some good stable overclocks by different users of this forum in 'amd overclocking club'
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Atid2icGx257dF...

there is no pre defined limits of oc,
but there is a limit that is known as temperature, means keep your cpu temp below 60'c and below 80'c for gpu, and if these are in limits then you can clock as high as you can without loosing stability.

you can use ati tray tool or ccc to auto tune your graphics card and use occt to test stability and use a hwinfo32 (for 32bit os) to monitor your temps.
m
l
February 17, 2012 10:31:44 AM

i'll let you know how far its going to take me cause pc is home and i'm not

but thx for a proper info what they reached in stable form ;) 

ps: alyoshka pleas never ask me if i want to buy outher piece to improve my pc thx

@truegenius: i'll keep you posted and if i can i'll printscr the before and after ;) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 10:37:02 AM

I guess for you you're PC limit is completely what your comfortable with, and how much risk your willing to put in. I have a hard time believing that you can't max out WOW with you're current setup. Isn't that game limited by your internet connection? As well as how many users are taking up the bandwidth?
m
l
February 17, 2012 11:29:40 AM

I think what limits your gaming experience is your conections not your hard ware configurations...
You can look on toms chart to compare your actual hardware configurations and the want that you expect..
But if the chart tell you it plays more than 35 FPS on your cmputer system..
Then its save to say that you connection have more portions at your gaming experience...
m
l
February 17, 2012 12:52:49 PM

mildsend said:
I think what limits your gaming experience is your conections not your hard ware configurations...
You can look on toms chart to compare your actual hardware configurations and the want that you expect..
But if the chart tell you it plays more than 35 FPS on your cmputer system..
Then its save to say that you connection have more portions at your gaming experience...

i don't want to be rude but have you did a self-check of my graf-card???

there haven't been so many tests so i wanne try to do it to show how good it is

even tomshardware doens't know much of my graf-cart (no offence to the site and testers)

but i wanne try it so when i'm home i'll let it here know as first what it can and what the limit is that i dear to take

friendly grtz
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2012 12:57:18 PM

You could try this
Macro:
/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbien 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1
It will sort of optimize your FPS with a change in the detail levels...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2012 6:54:52 AM

i can oc my factory oced 6770 (850/1200) to max (max offered by ccc 950/1350) without any problem.
But using att i can reach upto 1000/1400 without increasing voltage (because voltages are locked) , fully stable and no artifacts.
m
l
!