Update on Jack Thompson

"Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com
[16]. Illspirit was among the same team that found and
developed the GTA Hot Coffee mod and posted it on the web.
In an attempt to divert attention away from the Hot Coffee
scandal, illspirit tried an experiment by pretending to be
an anonymous "non-gamer" and provided links to Thompson of
games which also contained sexual content. These games included
the Sims 2, God of War, BMX XXX, and Playboy: The Mansion.
Thompson took the bait and immediately launched an attack
against the ESRB and Electronics Arts."

Apparently they picked one of the most innocent games possibly, on
purpouse, to trap him, and he just refuses to see it... this gets
better and better :)
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Apparently they picked one of the most innocent games possibly, on
> purpouse, to trap him, and he just refuses to see it... this gets
> better and better :)

Where did you get this from? I'd like to read the whole of the
article.

T.

I posted that link some time ago Taemon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:41:11 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I posted that link some time ago Taemon.

I never read the whole thing. Or do you mean Wiki?
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?
Bwahahaha.... Bleh! BLEH! :-D"

OK here it is again:

http://illspirit.com/index.php?page=art_of_war

Best wishes
maxon

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> "Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
> is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com
> [16]. Illspirit was among the same team that found and
> developed the GTA Hot Coffee mod and posted it on the web.
> In an attempt to divert attention away from the Hot Coffee
> scandal, illspirit tried an experiment by pretending to be
> an anonymous "non-gamer" and provided links to Thompson of
> games which also contained sexual content. These games included
> the Sims 2, God of War, BMX XXX, and Playboy: The Mansion.
> Thompson took the bait and immediately launched an attack
> against the ESRB and Electronics Arts."
>

> Apparently they picked one of the most innocent games possibly, on
> purpouse, to trap him, and he just refuses to see it... this gets
> better and better :)

It doesn't, actually. I can assure you Thompson won't be the only one
to "not get it." Attorneys and legislators won't either, and I'm sure
right now in the U.S. government there are pens wiggling on paper
proposing new legislation, taking this very seriously.

Never underestimate the stupidity of elected officials.

--
--Cuth

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> "Ironically, Thompson's "source" for the Sims 2 controversy
> is none other than GTA modder illspirit of GTAGarage.com
> [16]. Illspirit was among the same team that found and
> developed the GTA Hot Coffee mod and posted it on the web.
> In an attempt to divert attention away from the Hot Coffee
> scandal, illspirit tried an experiment by pretending to be
> an anonymous "non-gamer" and provided links to Thompson of
> games which also contained sexual content. These games included
> the Sims 2, God of War, BMX XXX, and Playboy: The Mansion.
> Thompson took the bait and immediately launched an attack
> against the ESRB and Electronics Arts."
>

> Apparently they picked one of the most innocent games possibly, on
> purpouse, to trap him, and he just refuses to see it... this gets
> better and better :)

It doesn't, actually. I can assure you Thompson won't be the only one
to "not get it." Attorneys and legislators won't either, and I'm sure
right now in the U.S. government there are pens wiggling on paper
proposing new legislation, taking this very seriously.

Never underestimate the stupidity of elected officials.

--
--Cuth

As thought they have nothing better to do! They better figure out how
they are going to pay for Katrina!!!! LOL

deene

Maxon wrote:

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>>> Apparently they picked one of the most innocent games possibly, on
>>> purpouse, to trap him, and he just refuses to see it... this gets
>>> better and better :)
>> Where did you get this from? I'd like to read the whole of the
>> article.
> I posted that link some time ago Taemon.

Oh, that one. I thought Guardian Pegasus was quoting. Thanks!

T.