Where did you learn that; magic 8-ball? Maybe you should help AMD with it's pricing - ya think?
AMD's new tech doesn't follow your spinner logic either.
Thanx to spintel's antitrust tactics, we get amazing products from AMD at great prices. The attempted destruction of AMD by spintel, has come back to destroy the great monopoly itself. It's amazing AMD survived the abuse - read the evidence. And now spintel, and people like you, think we should be respectful of some lame offerings which are full of trix and deceptions - after spintel essentially copied the tek used by AMD for nearly a decade - which seems to have triggered the urge to bribe oem leading suppliers - as if 80% market share isn't enough.
It's easy to reject this infinite and endless pile of excrement when you tune out the marketing hype and the benchmarketing; AND LEARN THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.
Even if spintel presents something decent
1- it is barely better and only in some situations
2 - it is overpriced
3 - it uses more energy, cos they lie/ misrepresent TDP
4 - which means you need a better heatsink
5 - the stock heatsink is junk at stock settings (more $$)
6 - the bencheez are simply not truthful, and are used to discredit true competitors thru misrepresentation and exaggerated significance
7 - things are somehow always different in the real world experience - after you get it home
8 - the real cost to you is hidden - as mentioned by OP
9 - it will be obsolete in 9 months due to socket changes
10 - you have to believe that antitrust is a good thing that does not harm consumers
11 - you have to sleep at night knowing you undermine your own world by cosigning spintel's above the law bs.
12- you have to be willing to turn a blind eye to underhandedness and secret backroom scams
13 - spintel cares not - as long as they discredit truth and people believe and innocents throw money away unnecessarily
- above the law is not a good image - busted several times for antitrust, and still the arrogance continues - but the legal eagles will fix it
This is easily researched as public opinion, public information, actual evidence, and a closer look reveals even more - or you can pretend that everything is just fine, and believe in benchMarketing from a glorified legally harassed con that has seriously hampered progress and innovation - and you pay for that too.
it's endlessly unbelievable
I'm going to put numbers to your points to make this easier.
1. Correct, clarkdale sucks.
2. Read number 1
3. No, both platforms will use about the same energy, any differences will be negligible.
4. More power consumption =/= more heat produced, and in fact the 32nm process allows the clarkdale to run cooler.
6. There is no evidence or proof of this. You can not look at one article and formulate an opinion. There are so many variables that the only way is to read a multitude of articles to get a consensus, at that point you have discovered the truth.
7. Refer above. Unless you get the exact parts, set them up the same way, and use the same software then you will always get dissimilar results, that is why you read many articles.
8. I'm not sure how this one works, a calculator easily shows the costs.
9. No, intel sockets last as long, if not longer, than AMD sockets in general, but there is no backwards compatibility. Right now LGA 1156 is new and should have atleast 2-3 years like every other socket. The backwards compatibility is a value one must take into account themselves. For me, I upgrade every 3 years so the LGA 1156 is more than new enough for me. I never go with the same socket because advancements usually come with new motherboards or sockets (IE architectures).
10. Why do you have to believe antitrust is a good thing to buy the superior product, assuming it is Intel in your circumstance? As a consumer you should buy the better product and let natural order and government handle competition.
11. I sleep great knowing my processor is the best that I could afford, I have no responsibility to what OEMs Intel bribes.
12. Your right I should just stop buying ANYTHING because it all comes from evil corporations!
13. Your right Intel doesn't care as long as not caring makes them money, just like AMD and every other company.
14. Right, as they produce some of the best products for consumers to buy.
Look Intel does bad things like every other company, but that is not going to make me sell my i5 750 for the inferior Phenom II 965 which does not perform as well, although close, and does not fit my needs with the features I desire.
Your notion that it is best to buy AMD because they are the underdogs and are less corrupt than the competition, while selling inferior products in same instances, truly is endlessly unbelievable.