GTX 570 Display Driver Error?

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hey all,

Looking for a bit of help on this one.

I just put together a custom PC for gaming. Currently running Windows 7 Professional. Graphics card is an EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130687

Anyway, the issue at hand, my display driver seems to crash from time to time. It did it when I first put it together, so I reinstalled the drivers and everything seemed to work fine for a few weeks. Today it has happened 3 times in just a few hours.

The exact error states:

"Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered.
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.66 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

When it happened my screen stops receiving a signal for about 2 seconds and then comes back with that error.

I tried checking for another driver, no luck. It seems the driver that was on the CD that came with the card is the most up to date driver.

ANY help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Solution
Please check the drivers, since the latest driver, certified ones are the 285.62, you might have the beta drivers.
My suggestion would be to use driversweeper to uninstall the drivers you have completely from the system. Download the latest drivers from the Nvidia Site and not the EVGA site.
Install them and see if you come across this problem again.

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Aw I just saw that I clicked the wrong Graphics card forum.. my card is not overclocked at all. I will post in the other forum, but if any of you can help I'd surely appreciate your comments!

Please check the drivers, since the latest driver, certified ones are the 285.62, you might have the beta drivers.
My suggestion would be to use driversweeper to uninstall the drivers you have completely from the system. Download the latest drivers from the Nvidia Site and not the EVGA site.
Install them and see if you come across this problem again.

Solution