GA-EX58-UD5 and 12gb 1666mhz ram

Hello all,

I am trying to build a setup.

I currently have I7 quad core intel processor, I am going to have GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard with default fans and cooling systems.

I have bought already 12gb (6x2gb) of 1600mhz Kingston hyperx rams.

I have now read from google that there might be some problems in trying to run 12gb 1600mhz ram in this motherboard.

I dont want to overclock my processor because I am just using a normal fan that came with the computer.

So my question is that what is the best settings for me to put in BIOS to get my ram in usage? I want a safe, stable and longtime solution for this so that there is no danger in me destroying my computer.

Should I run the memory in 1333mhz instead or what should i do? Or should I only put 6gb ram into my computer?
5 answers Last reply
More about ex58 12gb 1666mhz
  1. Probably want to start by downloading the two GB X58 tuning guides mentioned toward the top of the 'sticky'...
  2. Sorry about that, I have already read the guides but the problem is that because I dont really understand much about computers, the language used in the guides is hard to follow and understand so I feel a bit lost..
  3. Well, my first recommendation would be the fan business - if you're going to try to run 6 DIMMS at 1600, we will be overclocking/overvolting the memory controller at least, which 'lives on' the CPU... You don't need to spend a fortune on the 'latest and greatest' cooler; the well-kept secret is that any aftermarket fan, even the cheapest, will provide two or three times the capacity of the original Intel. I can likely 'walk you through' the setup - but, may take a few experiments (none of them, I promise, hazardous to your equipment) as I don't yet see i7 boards I'm willing to invest in - I take an odd view of this stuff, I look at 'life-cycle' costs - which include those weekly BIOS/USB3/SATA3 updates! [:lectrocrew:7]

Also, seems a waste to not OC an i7 at all - so much potential! [:bilbat:1]
  4. Here's a good example - under $25 shipping included...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835114104
    Trust me - you'll barely, if at all, notice fast memory; you will immediately see the difference in a mild, easy-on-the-hardware OC!!
  5. Thank you very much for your help, this is a bit early as I have not yet installed the new motherboard (will do so in the next few days) but I am definatelly going to need your help. I will look into that fan.

Just one thing that I dont see a need for running the memory in 1600mhz necessarily, I could see that probably running the memory at 1050mhz or 1333mhz should be fast enough for me (what i have read is that there is not that much noticable difference anyway..? )

Anyway, help very much appreciated and i will get back into this as soon as I have my motherboard installed soon.. =)
Ask a new question

Read More

Product RAM Motherboards Gigabyte