3tb hdd help?

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
:sol: :sol: :sol: hi, I am planning to upgrade my hard disk present i am using seagate 320 gb hdd on Intel dg41rq with Intel E7500 processor, I need a very large Hard disk for my present work,I planed to buy Seagate's latest barracuda 3Tb hard disk, but it is pricing really high on my pocket, of course it doesn't matter, does my rig support this storage giant, my OS is genuine Win 7x64 ultimate bundled with rig, and I have one more doubt what if i use two 2.5 or 2 Tb hard disks in this rig instead of one 3 Tb hard disk, please help, thank you. :sol: :sol: :sol:

Solution
You won't be able to use any drive over 2Tb to boot from unless your motherboard supports UEFI. You can use it as a secondary drive, but you will need to use a GPT partition instead of MBR. The option will present itself when you initialize the drive.
You won't be able to use any drive over 2Tb to boot from unless your motherboard supports UEFI. You can use it as a secondary drive, but you will need to use a GPT partition instead of MBR. The option will present itself when you initialize the drive.

Solution

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

:sol: :sol: :sol: Thanks for the answer, is there any lga 775 board have this UEFI, in my knowledge there is none, if u know please suggest me, and my OS doesn't support GPT on non UEFI board, that's why I am asking a boot drive with giant memory.if there is no chance of a lga 775 board with UEFI, then simply I bought a 2 tb hdd thanks again. :sol: :whistle: :sol:

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I don't believe 775 used UEFI...I know for sure that my Z68 board, and I believe a lot of the P67 boards do, but I think that's the first semi (Gigabyte was still using BIOS, I believe) standard use of UEFI.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

thanks for the reply, I know that os list, Mine is Genuine Win 7 x64 ultimate. :sol: :sol: :sol:

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

:sol: thanks for the reply. :sol: