Up-grading Dell Inspiron 530s Graphics card

Hi all,

I (regretfully) bought a Dell Insprion 530s last year. It has a slim line PC tower so all the componants inside it have to be slim or low-profile. I currently have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro with 256Mb of memory. It also has a Intel Core 2 Duo at 3Ghz and about 3Gb of DDR2 SDRAM.

I really want to upgrade my graphics card to, as good as I can get, for maximum improvement. Now i know not all graphics cards will fit inside of my tower and I really don't want to get a new tower so the graphics card has to be a low profile one. And i know i won't gain the full benefits from buying a rediculously powerfull one if i dont upgrade everything else.
So all i want really is a good upgrade to my current card. Only thing is I don't really know what to look for or where to look for it. Money isn't really an obstacle either as low profile cards aren't too expensive.

Cheers for any suggestions!
4 answers Last reply
More about grading dell inspiron 530s graphics card
  1. Powercooler HD 4650 512 MB - $45.99 after rebate.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131151

It's the highest end low profile ready card I know of.
  2. 4650 is a good choice.

You need to be careful about your power supply. Dell tends to use as low a power supply as they need. If you have one of their 305w power supplies, you may need to upgrade it.
  3. I don't think it uses much more power than the HD 2400 Pro he already has installed.
  4. It probably has a "TFX" 250 watt power supply. The 4650 low profile (@39 watts)mentioned by TheViper would probably be your best choice. There's also a 9800GT (@100 watts) and 3 9600GT (@73 watts) low profile or low profile ready cards available, but they may be too much for the stock PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Graphics Product