Lines everywhere system freezes. Why is this happening ?

Logitek2012

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I dont have idea where to put this thread, but I need your help

why is this happening? It only happens when I play games for a while, the temps were CPU 57ºC and 30ºC for the board, so I have no idea what's happening

image0272.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality

everything is set to stock, except I disabled turbo boost

My pc specs are

Motherboard: asus p8z68-v gen 3
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair TX750 V2
HDD: 500GB WD
Case: CM Storm Enforcer

Logitek2012

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
yes, in the intel hd 3000, right now i'm running a prime95 torture test just to verify is not the cpu, before I did a memtest and also went well, i'll do another mem test later

Can be the integrated gpu ?

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Okay, before you buy a new video card, check that your HDMI cable is properly connected if you're using the HDMI output, check also the cable connection if you are using DVI output, same thing with VGA cable if you're using VGA output. Check from the PC(I/O shield at the back of the PC) to the Video input of the monitor. If the video is still the same? I suggest you buy or borrow a PCIe 2.0 X16 Video card.

Logitek2012

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
The video card was already ordered it was just out of stock when I did, the vga cable is properly connected, if the screen freezes, keyboard doesn't responds i doubt is the vga cable.

Right now I'm doing test with just 2 rams and no problems so far, just getting high temps from the CPU i'm thinking to buy a new fan cooler like the hyper 212, after i'll check with the other two, if something happens then one of the rams is damaged, else are the temps of the rams if this is not then I got no idea....

I'm thiking the stock cpu fan is spreading the heat to the ram since they are close... and that could be a cause, wish i had a way to check ram temps without any special tool..