Status
Not open for further replies.

crysisavoided

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and am on my way to building my first custom PC(actually building it as we speak). Now I did tons of research for my build so I wouldn't have to be one of those guys/gals asking all those questions but...I now am one of those guys.

So everything is going great at the moment with my build. I hooked up the Motherboard, Cpu(dreaded this the most), heatsink, ram and gpu outside the case to do a test run before I did the full install(also to make sure everything worked).I heard that single post beep and felt what cave men felt when they found out how to utilize fire without burning themselves.

Now to the question! I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3912#ov

When I did the test run of the set up I hooked the heat sink through the psu power and the fans ran at high. Now that I'm to the point of getting my system in it's case, I am confused as to how I would go about hooking the Heat sink fans to the cpu fan header.

I own a Coolermaster V6-GT and it has a y-splitter for the two fans to go into the cpu fan header. I CAN NOT for the life of me find any info on how many amps my cpu fan header can handle(read and re-read manual 5 times). The fans on the V6-GT say DC 12 0.70 amps on them if that helps at all(don't know if that's on or both fans). I'm going to try the forums online before I try and call up Gigabyte(it's 11:30 pm here so no idea if I can call them at the moment). Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
To be honest, I don't know the amperage you can draw from the CPU fan header, but I think you should be fine.

Another option might be to connect them to different fan headers. Put one on the CPU fan header, and connect the other fan to one of the chassis fan headers (most motherboards have multiple chassis fan headers).

Status
Not open for further replies.