Sign in with
Your question

Replacing

Last response: in Components
January 9, 2010 9:23:01 PM

Replacing PSU fan
My fan in my cool master 650w power supply started make a lot of noise this week I think the bearing might be going. I am looking at replacing it but I would like a silent fan that move a lot of air I think the size is 120mm and 25mm. I want to make sure I pick a good fan as my room get very hot.

Any suggestion

Thanks
Jake

More about : replacing

a c 83 ) Power supply
January 10, 2010 12:36:17 PM

I would check the sticker on the current fan. With the model number you can see how many CFM it pushes. This makes it easy to fine a replacement with similar airflow/noise characteristics.

The fan listed above looks good as long as that sleeve bearing is well built. I personally prefer ball as it seems to run forever(but a bit louder).
Related resources
January 10, 2010 12:36:28 PM

jakepalmerd13 said:
Replacing PSU fan
My fan in my cool master 650w power supply started make a lot of noise this week I think the bearing might be going. I am looking at replacing it but I would like a silent fan that move a lot of air I think the size is 120mm and 25mm. I want to make sure I pick a good fan as my room get very hot.

Any suggestion

Thanks
Jake

I'd suggest going for a Noctua fan if you want a silent and efficient fan. Sure they are not much to look at and are a bit more expensive than your regular fans but are propably the best ones in terms of efficiency.. and no ball bearings.

For a 120mm*25mm
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9086/fan-563/Noctua_N...
!