Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why are MODS so quick to lock threads?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2009 5:49:12 PM

Can't a group of people just be allowed to argue their point any more?
So what if it gets heated and people use an insult or two? It's not a PHYSICAL FIGHT in the REAL world, the only things that may get hurt are egos.

The MODS are simply suppressing freedom of expression when inevitably two opposite forces clash, constructive or less constructive it shouldn't matter unless people are actually using threatening language.

If people get offended by reading passionate debates then they don't have to continue reading!

It's borderline anti free-speech.

Go ahead lock this thread.
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2009 5:54:42 PM

Honestly, I don't think it is JUST hostility that makes a thread get locked quickly, it is the same arguments over and over and over and over and over that get stupid quick, hence leading to people flaming others instead of actively pursuing a logical answer. I have no problem with them doing that. Also, I don't think this thread will get locked, but it needs to be moved......... to a more appropriate section.
November 2, 2009 6:00:18 PM

The reason I posted in this section was due to the higher proportion of GPU related threads getting locked.

@ Stranger GFYS to!
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2009 6:01:25 PM

Yes, they really are quite lax. Recently they have added a lot more moderators, but I think that is actually a good thing, as it was getting a bit out of hand at times. I haven't really been paying attention, but I've yet to see a meaningful thread locked. And of course, if you feel a thread was unfairly locked, PM the moderator who did so saying why you think it should stay open. And drop the free speech garbage, I hate it when people go trying to make themselves sound all official by trying to bring in laws. The only laws that apply around here are the TOS you technically agreed to when you joined the forums.
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2009 6:05:35 PM

Most of the threads they lock are necro threads, not good old fashioned battle threads.
November 2, 2009 6:06:24 PM

Well then the TOS simply are suppressive of FOS
Lol like I would atually care about sounding official!
November 2, 2009 6:08:31 PM

@ Dirtmountain, perhaps your right!

@ Stranger, want to split any more hairs?
November 2, 2009 6:22:17 PM

Reading through a thread only to find by the time you get to the end of it and ready to add a contribution the thread has been locked, deny you the opportunity to voice your opinion.
November 2, 2009 7:17:10 PM

/ \ the trolls |
/ \ \ |
/ _ \ \ ----------------------
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________
November 2, 2009 8:27:36 PM

Quote:
And...

Oh and as is obvious, I value this thread so much I am Trollin' it

How long can it survive with this non graphical onslaught.

Who care's, but it's obvious your an absolute w@nk@ of a thread closer of the fanboy community.

Toodle pip!

a c 271 U Graphics card
November 2, 2009 8:49:50 PM

Why are MODS so quick to lock threads? , because when they are as pointless as this one and just resort into the swapping of personal insults they then breach the ToS, simple really.
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2009 9:57:56 PM

I understand that this thread is already locked, however this needs pointing out anyway.

You gave up any rights to freedom of speech when you signed up and accepted the ToS. You do not have any "rights" to freedom of speech on here. I quote the ToS:

Quote:
User acknowledges and agrees that use of the BOM Boards is a privilege, not a right, and that BOM has the right, at its sole discretion, to revoke this privilege at any time without notice or reason.

Quote:
BOM has the right but not the obligation to monitor and/or moderate the Forums...

Quote:
BOM is the final arbiter of what IS and IS NOT allowed on our site. Further, BOM reserves the right to modify or remove anything submitted to BOM, and to cancel any membership, at any time for any reason without prior notice.
!